a Nate and Blair One shot. THE END OF THE BEGINING

Hey again!

so this was a one shot i did.

remember that virginia tech shooting?

yeah?

what if Blair and Nate had been in that shooting?

'It's amazing Molly. The love inside, you take it with you.' I love and will miss you"-ghost/ Patrick Swayze

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever been so in love, you didn't know what you would do without your loved one? Until one day, you actually get to feel what it's like to be without them, because God decided to take that person away in the worst possible way ever.

My name is Blair Waldorf and I know what that feels like. On the date of April 16th, 2007 the Virginia Tech shooting happened, I was one of the lucky ones. But he wasn't.

That day was a disaster, a total calamity, I looked around to see my friends' faces, I wouldn't have ever seen this coming, and I don't think any of us would have, but it was happening.

BANG BANG BANG! Three shots were fired. That was all I knew but who I did not. Let me rewind a bit.

Let me take you to the day before.

It was 7:00 pm and everyone was at the pep rally, I was the cheer captain and my boyfriend Nate Archibald was the star quarterback, everyone would rather be here, then hear President Bush babble on about the war in Iraq, he really needed to bring the troops home, than have them massacred over there.

That day no one suspected a thing, everyone lived life for today, and even HE was here, the one I shall not name. As the pep rally finished Nate and I walked home, our fingers intertwined with each others, he was home for me and he knew that, anywhere he went i went and id follow him anywhere.

We arrived to the house and it started getting late, I wasn't going to let him walk home so I asked him to sleep over and he listened, next thing I know I am falling asleep with my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, I was nothing without him.

We woke up early in the morning to get ready for school. As he was getting ready I started making his favorite breakfast, blueberry pancakes.

He ate five all at once.

"You're going to get fat" I said laughing

"And yet you'd still love me" he answered with a smirk.

"Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that sir" trying to hold back a laugh. He gasped and almost choked on his food.

"I'm kidding, of course I'd still love you, and I'd love you even if you looked like a fat oompaloompa" and I kissed him, the taste of those sweet lips sent butterflies to my stomach.

I don't know why, but I did have a gut feeling about that day, I didn't want to go to school, I asked him to stay home and to just watch a movie, but he had to be such a good boy.

"I want to stay home!" I remember saying. He responded by saying

"You better get your small butt in that car this instant Blair!"

"YOU HAD TO BE A TAURUS DIDN'T YOU?! SO STUBBORN!" I said.

"And you're a Virgo but you don't see me complaining" he smiled.

I couldn't help but laugh and I entered the car. As we arrived to school the gut feeling started getting bigger, what is happening to me? I shook it off as we greeted our friends. Norris Hall was big so we had to part even before the bell rang for class.