chapter. 5

"Today, we are going to be discussing sexual transmitted diseases." Mr.Burkson, our Life Skills class teacher said loudly as we all sat in the lecture hall.

Surprisingly, Ross actually came to class today, sitting a row behind me, but if I turned my head to the left, I could see him.

"Sexually Transmitted Infections, also known as Sexually Transmitted Diseases or Venereal Diseases are diseases that are passed on from one person to another through sexual contact, and sometimes by genital contact - the infection can be passed on via vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex." Mr. Burkson continued, turning on the power point with all the lists of sexual transmitted infections.

• Chlamydia
• Chancroid
• Crabs
• Genital herpes
• Genital warts
• Hepatitis B
• HIV/AIDS
• Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
• Trichomoniasis (parasitic infection)
• Molluscum Contagiosum
• Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
• Scabies
• Syphilis
• Syphilis, gonorrhea
• Trichomoniasis (Trich)

I chuckled silently to myself, looking over at Ross as I mouthed, "You have all of those."

He rolled his eyes and a small smile formed on his lips and he shrugged, he's so stupid. I turned back to Mr.Burkson and he continued explaining all of them.

After a good half hour conversation on that, it was sixth period, and for me. I had PE.

I haven't talked nor seen Jayce all day today, and to be quite honest I don't care. I don't want to see him anyways. I grabbed my purse and hung it over my shoulder, leaving the lecture hall to quickly head towards the change room, knowing we were running track today and most likely; with the guys.

Ross' class.

I quickly changed into my plain white t-shirt and Nike pro shorts with my black nike roshes. Running outside to thankfully see my best friend Teresa, waiting there for me.

I groaned as I walked across the field towards her, "I don't want to run the track, I'm so tired."

She laughed and her brown hair was tucked into a messy bun, "Me either, especially since Jason Briggs is here."

I looked across the field to the class of guys, walking towards us onto the field. I spotted Ross of course, in his white muscle shirt and black gym shorts.

"Okay girls, listen up." Mrs.Patterson yelled once she blew her whistle, "Today, you may take it easy, jog the track- you know the guys will probably sprint so just take it easy."

I was happy about that.

Once the group of guys all approached us, Teresa immediately started to pucker herself up. She totally had a thing for Jason. I squinted from the sun and saw Ross, his blonde hair looking blonder as the sun beamed on it,

"Hey Marano, ready to run the track?" He smirked, resting his arm on my shoulder.

I glared at him, "You know I don't run."

"Fine, then you can cheer me on." He smiled, running off to the track where his class were doing relay races.

I felt Teresa grab my arm and she smirked, "Ross is so hot."

"Ross is such a pig." I smirked back.

"True," She sighed, "Do you think I'd have a chance?"