The Rejection: 1

The Rejection - Chapter 1
_________________________________

The sound of my paws hitting the forest floor echoed around me. The wind whipped around my body as I winded around the surrounding forestry. Birds chirped in the bare trees of the late fall, and the sun was gliding closer and closer to the horizon.

               I had been running for a long time now, almost three days to be exact; I felt as if I was about to collapse. I hadn't eaten since the day I left, and I barely had the energy to stay awake, but I forced myself to. I was in strange territory that practically radiated danger.

               A howl ripped through the quiet scene just as the sky began to darken. With my last bit of strength, I pushed myself to run faster, my body beginning to go into overdrive. The sound of multiple wolves chasing me was all around. It frightened me.

               The breath was completely knocked out of my lungs as a jet black wolf slammed me into a tree roughly. The bark scratched at my back. I whimpered and attempted to raise my limp self up, only to fall back down. My vision was blurred, but I could make out six other wolves; two brown, three grey, and one black; all male. The testosterone was nearly choking me. Just by the look of them, you could tell the black one was Alpha. He was taller than the rest, and power seemed to come off of him in waves.

               I blinked, dark spots starting to conquer my vision, and looked at the Alpha, who was now in human form, glaring down at me.

               "Who are you?" he asked angrily. My energy drained and I couldn't stay in wolf form anymore. I shivered as I became my human form and vaguely remember him commanding orders at others.

               Not a second later, I was consumed into the darkness.

_________________________

 My eye lids fluttered open.

               Where am I?

               I slowly pushed myself up, figuring if I had any injuries, they would be healed by now. I looked around, and assumed I was in the living room, since nothing was familiar. I slowly stood up from the beige couch which I had been sleeping on. There was voices coming from the doorway in the far corner of the room.

               Scooting my sleepy body to the door, I realized that I was fully clothed - clad in a pair of  black basketball shorts and a large white shirt. My brow scrunched together, as I tried to remember. Then it all hit me.

               Memories flooded back, and I remembered the run-in with the wolves. My grey eyes widened and I stopped dead in my tracks, my cheeks flaming immediately. 'They had seen me naked! Oh God...' I thought in despair. I felt my face, realizing my glasses were missing. I groaned, whipping my head around and noticing my hair was out of it's bun also. Crap, when I shifted, my glasses must've fallen off.

               This can't be happening! No one, except for my family, ever saw me without my glasses.

               If that was them in there, I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye. The blush was still hot on my face from the thought of it.

No, I promised myself that I would change...', I scolded to myself. I stood there for a moment. This is going to be harder than I thought. I was painfully shy, but since I was planning on finally breaking out of my shell, this would be considered progress.

               I groaned and continued to the door. When I walked into the next room, I stopped dead once again. Six pairs of eyes stared at me, all of them filled with curiosity. Panic started to rise and I started to feel self-conscious. I ran a hand through my messy dark brown hair.