Chapter 1

This chapter is for Niqabii_muslimah, who is waiting ever so patiently.

I also appreciate anybody who saw my story and commented (especially TellasJohnKallely and Niqabii_muslimah as they were the first)

Since this is my first story, I will have mistakes, so please excuse it for now.

-------------------------

In Islamabad...in the Sher family's Palace...in Mehr Sher's room

in Mehr Sher's room

Mehr's POV

I stared at the emerald necklace hanging around my neck in the mirror. I wrapped my arms around myself, Tears escaped my eyes and slid down my face.

Flashback -12 years back

Mehr- "Ami, I love you"

Faria- "I love you too mere pyaari shezaadi (my beautiful princess)"

Mehr-"I never want you to leave me, Ami"

Faria- "Mehr Jaani, I can't decide if I will be with you all my life, but I will give you something"

Mehr- "Give me something, but why, I have everything I want"

Faria- "Yes, you do, but this thing is special, my mother gave this to me, and now I will give it to, but you have to promise me something"

Mehr- "Ofcourse Ami, I will promise anything and everything for you"

Faria- "I want you to promise me that you'll never lose it, and if I am far way then just hold it and remember me, and I will be there. Do you like the emerald in the necklace?"

Mehr- "yes it is beautiful ami, just like your eyes"

Faria- "meri jaan, just like your eyes too. Now turn around so I can put it on you"

---------------------------

Questions raced across my mind...

Why did you have to leave me Ami?

Why didn't you just stay home?

Why did you leave that night to see if baba was okay, when you knew he was always late?

I wrapped my arms around myself and wished for my mother's warm embrace. My legs were weakening and I fell to the floor. My heart searched for somebody to hold me and say I love you.

I need you Ami, just please come back...please...

I heard the door open, and some soft footsteps. Then felt a warm but strong hand on my bare arm.

"Mehr, tum theek ho (are you okay)?" She shook me slightly.

"Bholo kuch (say something)."

"Gee Nano, I am fine," I replied. I sat up, pushed my hair out of my face, and wiped my tears.

"You scared me, why didn't you come and tell me when you were done drinking tea?"

I looked up at her worried face, and a soft laugh escaped my mouth. Nano, my nanny, who was over caring in only small aspects, especially after Ami died. Watched me day and night with her hawk eyes, made sure I ate, didn't miss any class, and slept. After Ami and Baba, I loved her a lot.

"I didn't want to bother you, I'll tell you next time."

"Pakka promise?"

"yeah yeah of course, pakka promise."

"okay Now get up and sleep now, you have class tomorrow morning, and you shouldn't miss it."

She held my hand and pulled me up, and led me to my king-sized canopy bed. She helps me get into the sheets and kissed my forehead.

"Sweet dreams, don't think too much, and go to sleep, okay?"

"mhmm" I replied as slumber took over me.

oOo

Ring....Ring...Ring

I silenced my alarm clock by dropping it to the floor. This is probably the 100th arm clock I have broken, but hey it is not my fault. Why does the alarm clock have to ring at the wrong time?

I heard my door open...Oh no, Nano.

"Mehr, Meeehhrrr, uto uto (get up get up)"

She pulled off my sheets and made me get up.

"Hurry na, you will be late."

I dragged myself to the bathroom, showered, brushed, and threw on some tights and a T-shirt. I tied my hair into a bun, pulled on my abaya (black long dress), and put some eyeliner and mascara on. Finally I wrapped my hijab and placed the hijab over my face, covering everything except my eyes, eyebrows, and some of my forehead. There all done.

I walked out and grabbed my bag off my set bed and headed out to college.

oOo

I walked from the parking lot towards my college

I walked from the parking lot towards my college. Something black and red on the wall caught my attention. It said Dare do anything against me and my gun will take you to hell. There was a picture of a red grinning skull, the gang's symbol. The initials Z.K. were signed next to it.

A shiver ran through my body, this was the same person that everybody claimed had killed my mother. If anybody went missing, this was the same person responsible for their disappearance.

I looked around frantically to see if any black cars with the gang's symbol was around. Alhamdulillah, I am lucky, there wasn't. I ran into my college before I became the next victim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention Faria Sher is the name of Mehr's actual mother who was murdered.

Please comment and let me know about your opinions on this story, so I can rectify it, if it is needed.

If you like it, please vote and share!