Chapter Five

The doctors told Tenten that it was safer to stay in the hospital for a few days.

Even though she didn't like that idea, her friends, sensei, and even those who she doesn't talk too much came to visit her every day.

Even Shino visited her, bringing a bundle of flowers each time.

Lee and Neji came of course, but Neji has keeping his distance from her. Even when they were alone, Neji wouldn't say much but the usual, and he would act as if the kiss never happened.

'That stuck up Hyuga,' Tenten thought, 'he takes my first kiss away, and then acts like a jerk. The nerve of him!'

Every time Tenten would try to bring it up, Neji would ask or bring up other things. It's as if he was trying to erase the memory altogether.

'Well, we'll see about that,' Tenten thought.

~

The day of Tenten's release, everyone was waiting at the front door with anxious smiles.

Tenten managed to get Sakura and Ino access to bring her out on her release. But Lee was persistent, and ended up coming along as well. Tenten wasn't angry though; she was quite happy that Lee wanted to help her out of the hospital.

Thankfully, they ended up finding out that a wheelchair wasn't needed. Neji, who had access to see her whenever, was already there when Lee came rushing to see Tenten.

"Lee, wait-!" Neji tried to say as Lee opened her hospital door. However, he was too late, and he and Lee witnessed Tenten changing.

The duo stared at her, and Neji noticed that she was wearing panda underwear. Tenten stared at them and screeched, "Get!! Out!! NOW!!!"

Lee and Neji hurried out and slammed the door behind them quickly. 'That,' Neji thought as he finally took a deep breath, 'isn't something you'd see everyday.'

When their names were finally called, they came back in the room. Tenten was standing at the edge of her bed, slightly angry and embarrassed. Lee apologized several times, and Neji managed to cough out one.

She giggled nervously and said, "It's okay, mistakes happen. Come on, let's get out of here." Lee nodded and was the first one to greet Sakura and Ino. Tenten whispered in Neji's ear, "Thanks for going to my house and getting my clothes earlier. Kami knows what might've happened if I needed underwear."

She smiled at him and walked ahead, leaving Neji to shudder at the thought of going in her underwear drawer. However, the shudders weren't from fear or the like.

Tingles and all sorts of feelings overcame him, and no matter how much he wanted to, those feelings wouldn't leave.

~

By the time they got close to the door, Lee was already outside with Ino and Sakura.

Tenten shook her head and asked, "Did you ever get my bands from Lee and Naruto yet?"

Neji looked at her as blankly as he could.

He didn't forget. He just really liked her hair down.

But he was going to have to fib to make sure she didn't end up fighting him. "I forgot Tenten. Sorry..." She shrugged the apology off and kept walking.

That irked him heavily.

He silently wished he had told her the truth, just to get her angry. But if he did, then both of them might end up kissing again in the heat of the moment. He wasn't so sure he wanted that.