Braden's Story Book :Follow The Moon, When You Can't Trust The Sun

Question Everything

There is something about the way the world turns these days that leaves me feeling uncertain about everything. The way that people look at eachother for a moment, and then proceed to look away as if their eyes never met. I swear that we are all afraid of eachother. We look past the fact that we are all human beings, who share the same existence. We look past the fact that we are all lost here, together. We are all alone here, together. We find comfort in our own devices, along with our vices. We all have created something to distract ourselves with, and to turn to when nothing makes sense, which logically, should be just about every single waking moment of our lives. We look past the fact that our differences are simply different versions of the same thing.

A gentle soul is turned away by a harsh world these days. It is abnormal to be anything but normal. And it is with this that I struggle most. I think about the very first moment of the earth. I think about a time when nothing existed for any purpouse other than to simply exist. I wonder how we managed to stray so far from that. We have created a system for our children, and for ourselves; a system that we refuse to question. We have allowed other human beings to take control, and become something of a higher power. We listen to what they tell us, because we enjoy the idea of having someone to guide us… even though at the end of the day, we are being guided and lead by beings equal to ourselves.

Have we lost trust in our own hearts, or have we forgotten that we possess them altogether? Surely, something that beats on its own to keep us alive, and decides when we die, must be of more use than pumping blood. I think we have gotten to the point where the idea of anything past our physical reality is completely uncomfortable to us. We constantly look to the world around us for answers. We hope that by reaching our goals and making achievements, we will somehow be validated by society. The truth, to me, is that the only place we will ever find true peace, is in our hearts, and in a deeper place within our own being.

The governments we have elected lay out their justifications for going to war, and preparing for battle. We prepare to fight battles that we have created out of disagreements and differences. We are literally fighting ourselves, our brothers and our sisters. I understand sometimes we must defend ourselves, but in the end, what do we gain from any of it? I can certainly think of many things which we lose. The governments we have elected lie to us, because they have become a higher power. They have become a higher power because we have allowed them to. We have allowed them to because we have not questioned them.

I think it is time we question the system that we have built, or for many of us, that we have been born into. Do not be afraid to show kindness when it is normal to show resentment towards someone because they are different. Do not be scared to question things you do not understand, but are told you do not need to understand.

Question everything.

- Braden Barrie

[ Mar 7,14 ]