Chapter Three - His Castle, Her Prison

Chapter Three

His Castle, Her Prison

Belle's head felt light and dizzy, opening her eyes to a world or blurry swirls, she squinted and waited for everything to become clear and shot up from the bed she did not realise that she was lying upon and observed the room with quaking fear. She was not in any room she recognised, the wall were painted white, instead of creamy vanilla like her bedroom, and the crystal chandelier was nothing like hers, the bed was bigger and covered in silk sheets, there wasn't a mirror to be seen and only a dark coloured wardrobe. The dark wooded floorboards were cold to her bare feet and she wondered where her normal clothing had gone as she looked down at herself. She was bare footed, and not wearing the blue dress she'd torn up when she had run into the forest, she was wearing a beautiful silk gown with a corset, pushing her breasts up and almost out of her V-line. Luckily, only the top of her breasts were showing and could be covered by a coat. Belle walked over to the wardrobe, opened it and found many white, silky dresses in different styles and only one, white, fluffy coat. It was not made of silk, but a soft kind of cotton, so when she wrapped herself around the coat, it was warm. A knock upon the dark wooden door made her jump, frightened, she retreated to the window that was next to the bed and prayed to God, that He would save her.

With her hands against her chest, fingers laced together, her eyes closed tight, she heard the door open and two delicate steps into the door. "My Lady?" A soft, timid voice interrupted her praying and she opened her eyes slowly to see a young girl, perhaps fifteen or so, standing at the door with a tray of fruit and water in her small hands. "I have brought you your lunch, my Lady," the girl said as she placed the tray upon the bed and left. Confused, Belle stood and gazed at the door, pondering. Did the girl lock it? If not, it is the only way out. Cautiously, Belle took a step towards the door, and then another, until she was within reach of the shiny doorknob. Just as she was reaching out to turn the doorknob, it squeaked as someone on the other side began to turn it slowly. She retreated back as she did before, hands to her chest, eyes tightly closed and she began to mumble a prayer. "Oh dear Father in Heaven-"

"You shouldn't be praying to him," a deep voice growled. She flinched at his sharp tone and she carefully opened her eyes to see the very...thing, which kidnapped her. His dark brown hair was messy as if he had just awoken, he was shirtless and he had beautiful olive skin was smooth except in a few places where small scars scattered all over his muscled chest, arms and neck. His golden eyes were cold, emotionless yet held a hint of fascination in them. Belle noticed a small scar on his left cheek, small enough that she almost did not notice it. He wore black slacks but no shoes. He stood by the door, his shoulders straight as if he were ready to pounce; like a predator on its pray.

"Please," she whimpered. "I wish to return home." She watched as his eyes narrowed and he barred his white teeth and slightly long canine teeth. She shrunk back to the wall behind her as he growled a little more loudly this time.

"No. You are staying here with me, forever. You might as well get used to it!" His gaze went to the food left untouched and he looked at her a little more softly and spoke more kindly. "Eat," he commanded. "If I wanted you dead I would have killed you along with those bastards which tried to hunt me. I want...I need you alive. Please, eat." After that he closed the door and, to her disappointment, locked it behind him. Belle fell to her knees and covered her face with her delicate hands as rising sobs shook her body. She was never leaving, she thought bitterly. She was never going to her see her father, her brothers, or her sisters, ever. And, worst of all, she was never going to see William, ever again. Never will she say her vows to him, never will she wear her wedding dress, or pick out flowers. She will never be free.

****

Resting her head against the wall, Belle stared off into the distance, recalling her childhood memories long before she had met William and long before she had begun to bleed, signalling her womanhood. She was just six years old when her oldest sister, Miranda, stole her most favourite doll in which their mother had sewn for Belle while she was still with child with her, and hid it too well even Miranda could not find it anymore. Belle was eight and a half when her second oldest sister, Jade, put many creepy crawlies in Belle's bed and so she slept in their fathers room until all the bugs were gone. Winfred, Belle's third older sister, loved to put paint in Belle's hair, splash her good dresses with dirty water, rip all of her favoured teddy bears and she loved to mess up things and blame it all on Belle - or, at least try to. Their father knew that her sisters were spiteful to her, and always scorned them for treating Belle in such a way, but they never ceased to torment her. However, through all of that, Belle always told her sisters that she loved them at the end of the day before they retired to their bed chambers. And always, they looked at her with surprised gawks before returning to their original sneers of hatred and once the sun broke the horizon, the torture began as it always did until they left home one by one. Her brothers were her protectors, her guardians, whom always defended her to no end against her sisters and cruel children whom picked on her occasionally. Even as she grew when William began to court her, many jealous ladies would attempt to put dirt upon her reputation as a sweet, innocent girl by gossiping that she indeed fooled around with many men, but her brothers diminished those awful rumours - although nobody actually believed them - and Belle was never happier with her brothers and father. Her life was perfect - a loving father, protective brothers and a handsome man whom she was meant to marry. Her tears never dried since that man left and she doubted that they would so. Belle soon found the floor rather uncomfortable place to sit and decided to sleep rather than be awake to have the man barge in again. She stood up despite her protesting buttocks, she took the untouched food tray and placed it upon the cold wooden floor and slipped into the bed and covered her body and head with the quilt and began to cry again. She cried for her father, she cried for her brothers, she cried for her lover - she even cried for her sisters- for she was gone and she did not have a chance to say goodbye.

****

After he closed the door, he pressed his ear against the door and he heard her cry. Although his chest ached horribly for denying her her freedom, he needed her to stay. As the Alpha of his pack, he needed a Luna - he just couldn't believe she was a human, of all creatures. He needed a strong woman to help him lead his pack and instead he got a frail - yet, stunningly beautiful - human woman. Zane sighed depressingly as he walked away as his Beta, Damian, met him in his study where he works. "How is she?" Damian asked.

Zane sighed. "She is an emotional, weak human," he explained annoyingly.

Damian shrugged. "To be fair, you did kidnap her, use your hypnotism on her and took her to a strange place. You didn't even explain anything to her, you just took her away from everything she knew - so it's expected that she would be a bit emotional if not completely."

Zane rubbed a hand over his face and sat at his desk, picking up a letter send from a nearby pack Alpha. He opened it and read it, sighing with more annoyance.

Alpha Zane,

I am Leonardo, Alpha of the Lightmoon pack and I have written to you to inform you that a group of rogue Werewolves have been spotted in my territory and are headed in the direction of your territory. I am warning you that these rogues are stronger than ordinary ones.

If you have a mate/Luna and or a family, I suggest you hide them well as they nearly murdered my mate and my son.

Good luck.

Leonardo.

Zane passed the letter to Damian to read, once he was done Damian threw the letter onto the desk. "Why go after the Luna's? Alpha's are the one's who control everything, so why the Luna's?"

Zane shrugged. "To wound the Alpha's by hurting their mates?"

"It is a possibility, but that would be too slow - however painful it might be, unless they are looking for something else...?"

"But what? If they really wanted to get to the Alpha's, they would either just kill them or - out of spite - take their mates and torture them slowly so that they would be on the same pain without having to go through the effort of kidnapping the Alpha's themselves. However, why do that unless they have another motive? It is not making much sense, unless they were searching for something, as you said."

Damian nodded. "Was the Luna marked," he asked.

"As far as I know, yes. Why?"

"Maybe that has something to do with it?" Damian suggested with a shrug.

Zane thought about it but was interrupted by a knock upon his wooden door. "Come," he ordered impatiently.

A lowly omega wolf woman walked in and bowed her body to him before speaking. "My Lord, um, Lady has fallen asleep but has not touched her food." The woman's eyes lowered to the floor as he stood up.

"She has not touched nothing? Not a grape?"

The omega shook her head fearfully and he growled angrily. "I apologise, my Lord, perhaps she did not like the food we have given her?"

"Or," Zane hissed, "she is being difficult!" The omega flinched and backed away, obviously fearful of getting a strike.

Damian placed a firm hand upon Zane's shoulder and turned to the omega. "You are dismissed." Damian faced Zane with a grin. "You really should not scare the poor women like that" he laughed. "You intimidate them enough, now they're afraid you will hit them."

Zane brushed off Damian's hand and ran his own through his already tangled hair. "What am I to do with her?"

Damian sighed. "Let me speak to her, perhaps I can convince her to eat at least."

Zane waved him off impatiently. "Go, I do not have time just now." Zane sat down upon his desk and opened another letter sent for him from his mother, inviting him to her home. Zane wrote his decline and placed it aside to be sent later, silently cursing the damned nosey woman. He opened the letters and reports sent to him, hoping this would be enough of a distraction from the infuriating, frail woman across the hall.