Accident

3rd person point of view

He could see her. He could tell she didn’t know he had come in.

1.....2...

Two steps closer.

Sweet heart. Look up. Run away..now.

She didn’t budge. Her eyes were transfixed on her computer screen. Bright flashes of light, and several familiar faces appeared.

The latest music video. Heh.

He chuckled softly. Loud enough for him to hear, yet soft enough that she couldn’t hear.

3.....4.....

Four steps closer than the very beginning. His head was spinning. He needed to do something, and quick.

Please. Turn around. Look. Look at the monster I am.

5.....6....

He was right behind her. Plywood, plastic, and a light foam barrier were all that separated him from her. He snaked his arms around her shoulders, pinning her against the computer chair.

“Oppa!” She jumped in surprise. It only made his craving even worse.

“Y-you’re home...I didn’t think you’d be home so soon..” She didn’t turn.

A low growl rose in his throat. She shivered when she heard it.

“I see you’re watching me.” His voice was almost an inaudible growl.

“W-well...I am your girlfriend. Of course I’m going to watch the video.”

“Mmm. I wasn’t stopping you.”

“..Oppa...something’s different...”

“What is?”

“You....You’re different today”

Please. Get up. Excuse yourself or something. Get out of here.

She unlocked his arms from around her.

“Onew oppa. Are you feeling alright?” She said, spinning her chair around to face him.

“I.....” He sucked in a deep breath, “I feel fine.”

Onew’s Point of View

She has to get out of here. Now.

I bit my tongue, hoping the urges would go away.

Bad idea.

The blood seeped into every corner of my mouth, making the craving almost unbearable.

I needed to control myself. Too much....and I would kill her.

Let her get out. Go. Sweetheart. Run. Please. Run.

“Oppa...Are you listening to me?” Her round eyes made it impossible to hold back.

“No.” I growled. Her expression changed when she knew what was about to happen.

Too late mi amore.

She almost jumped out of her seat. I smiled. She was making a mad dash for the door, but even she knew she would never make it in time. I lunged forward and pulled her close. She began attacking my arms, slamming her fist into my chest, begging me to let her go. I smirked. She would struggle, flail, then go limp in defeat, all while leaving her neck completely open.

“Oppa...I don’t want to hurt you!” She said, even though she was clearly eyeing my crotch. II groaned when her knee slammed into me.

“You....w-want me to cause you pain.” I snarled through gritted teeth.

“N-no.”

“Then...don’t ever do that.”

She nodded, clearly afraid.

Something in my mouth felt sharper than usual.

“Oppa...please...please don’t..”

“I have to.”

“But..”

“I know you’re scared. Don’t be. We’ve done this before.”

“.....I know.”

“Good. Now move your hair.” She reluctantly tilted her head to the left, and moved her long, wavy, dark brown hair. She flinched when I gently grazed her neck.

“If you absolutely don’t want me doing this. Just tell me.”

“N-no. You’re the one who needs it.”

Yeobo. You didn’t run. You’re too late...

She became rigid, as if she was telling me to hurry up.

“Onew. Just get it over with.”

“Fine.”

I love you.

She yelped as I bit down. My grip on her arms tightened.

“....Y-you’re taking...too much.”

I couldn’t hear her. My thirst had risen in the last 4 minutes to an unquenchable height. She began hitting my arm, each hit weaker than the one before it.

“You’re g-going to kill me..” She whispered.

Something rose in my throat. It was a mix between a moan, and growl. The blood was satisfying, yet I still wanted more.

I have to stop though. Heh. But I’m not. Not till I’ve quenched my thirst.

My thoughts were darkening.

“Please...sto-” Her sentence wasn’t going to finish.

Something slammed into me. I dropped her and doubled over groaning.

“What did you do that for!?” I snarled.

“You were killing me..” Her voice was quiet, and raspy. I stayed quiet. I had nearly killed her the first time, and if I didn’t build any control, she was going to die eventually.

“I’m sorry.”

There wasn’t a reply.

She’s mad at me.

I looked up and saw her clutching at her neck, her eyes wide. There was blood seeping between her fingers, and she was becoming extremely pale. She reached a shaky hand toward mine, and gripped it tightly. I pulled her into my arms and carried her to the car.

“Where..”

“The hospital. You’re dying.”

I looked at her as her eyes began closing.

No. Please no. Don’t leave a monster like me.

~~~~~~

It was several hours after she had gotten a blood transfusion.

“Oppa. Is it...hard for you in here?”

“Somewhat.”

“You can wait outside if you want to.”

“I’m not leaving you here.”

“Why not? It’s hard enough for you to stand here with all the blood! Why are you taking a risk!?”

I walked close to her bed. I kneeled and looked dead in her eyes. I couldn’t help but quote our Japanese song.

“Kimi wa boku ni dake no everything.” She was silent afterward. She knew what the words meant. I know she did.

But what I hated, was those were my last words to her.

I killed her by accident.