|20|The Calm Before The Storm.

"But how am I supposed to beat him?! I'm not strong, ya know? I'm not the smartest. I not-" She was suddenly cut off her fast talking when a large hand rested on her head, she turned her gaze up and saw her father giving a small grin.

"Don't focus on what you aren't. You're Naruto's sister. An Uzumaki. And you're my daughter. I believe in you." Her eyes widened even more as tears flowed uncontrollably, "I sealed part of the nine-tails in you because I know you can control the power." He said, the grin turning into a closed eye smile.

"Dad..." She mumbled, letting the warm feeling fill her chest, a smile gracing her lips.

"It seems like my chakra is running out." He stated, looking at his fading hand, "A gift from your mother." He said and bent down placing his lips on the multi hair coloured girl's forehead. More tears escaped her eyes and ran over her cheeks as she watched her father disappear. "See you soon, but hopefully not too soon." He smiled the last time before disappearing fully.

A shout for her name made her snap her eyes open and sit up with a jolt. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her surroundings with a dazed expression. Finally, her eyes landed on a boy her age with messy black hair and magenta red eyes. "H-Hideki..?" She muttered in confusion.

"Geez, seriously weirdo..? You fall asleep on the edge of a mountain while it's raining, how much of an idiot are you?" He scowled.

She blinked dumbly. What just happened? Even though she was confused, she still managed to smile at him. "I must have fallen asleep while I was in thought, ya know?" She replied rapidly scratching the back of her neck in an awkward manner.

He stared at her for a moment as silence overtook them, he then snapped his head to the side, a frown on his face. "Hey..." Mina called quietly, looking away from him and to the sky, as raindrops fell on her face and slid down the side of her cold skin, her bangs sticking to her face, effectively hiding the diamond on her forehead. "Why did you do that to me in the academy...?" She asked hesitantly, not looking away from the sky.

He turned to look at her and said nothing for a while, "Actually, I r-really-" He was cut off from his explanation from the obnoxiously loud voice.

"MINA!" The blonde shouted running to the younger twin. "I WAS LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!" He stopped running when he reached the blue-violet eyed girl, Mina stood up from her sitting position and grinned at her brother.

"Sorry Naru-nii, I guess I lost track of time, hehe..."She laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head once again.

Naruto sighed and took ahold of Mina's wrist, beginning to drag her off. "You're gonna catch a cold if you don't change soon." He said in a scolding tone.

"Wow. Since when did Naruto worry about me catching a cold." She teased and giggled.

"I can worry about you too, ya know?!" He shouted in response to her teasing.

"Hey Naruto," She called making him look at her with his still annoyed face, "I can get us home quickly, ya know." She said before flashing away from where they were standing.

"W-w-what was that..?" Naruto questioned, stumbling backwards, a face full of shock and confusion, looking around quickly. Mina doubled over laughing as she watched Naruto look around as if he were in a foreign place.

"T-That was my jutsu." She wheezed out from the lack of oxygen. The blue-eyed boy blinked but shrugged it off. Mina finally stopped laughing and straightened up. "I'll take a shower then make some food." She ruffled her taller brothers hair and walked off into her bedroom to get a change of clothes.