Stargirl

Chapter One

Beginning of a Dream

I’m Kaylee Underwood. I just turned 15 years old today, on August 13. I’m a sophomore at my school, Frazier Mountain High School. The school’s population is 496 students. I’m on the schools Volleyball team were called the Falcons. I live in a small town called Frazier Park Ca. Frazier Park is up in the mountains and the population is 2,416. The school is really pretty, it looks like from an old history book. It has a maroon-brick building with stairs in the front building. When you walk in the school there is blue and grey lockers all the way down the hall, it’s very brightly lit, it’s really pretty they keep it really clean, you would think it was a private school, than a public school. I also love to sing I send a video to this music school, Star Struck Academy in LA, you have to be 13 through 19, they have a age limit. I haven’t heard from them yet, I just hope I make it, but it’s so far away and I know my dad won’t let me go.

My mom came in to wake me up for school, “Kaylee wake up, you’re fifteen today!” she said cheerfully.

“Ok mom. I’m getting up.” I was groaning.

Great I have to wake up to go to school, sometimes I wish my birthday were on a holiday.

My mom smiled at me and got up from my bed, “Well hurry down.” My mom said in a sweet voice.

I got up from my bed and stretched. I looked at the mirror and see nothing different. I still looked the same with Ivory skin, slender sporty body, straight brown-hair and my blue eyes and I think I gotten a little bit taller than before. I was trying on my clothes that my mom and I went shopping yesterday for and earlier fifteen B-day present. While we were shopping, my mom wanted to have a “Mother Daughter Talk” I can’t believe we had that discussion, I already know that stuff from school Duh!

I picked my favorite outfit, which was by Heart and Soul floral Charmeuse

Top in purple with a black poke dot tie waistband with Floral embroidery blooms with style. Cap sleeves, shirred accents and picot trim lend feminine charm. Crocheted and with a scoopneck. I think it looks so cute on me. I put my hair down with the sides pulled back with bobbing pins.

When I got downstairs my 13-year old sister. Mandy, who likes teasing me, but even though we fight I still love her, I would never tell her that. My sister and I kind of look alike, just she has gorgeous wavy brown-hair and blue eyes too. She was wearing a eyelet peasant top in white with cropped cargo pants in military green.

“Hey Kaylee, your getting old!”

Wait until she becomes fifteen, which is two years from now.

“I’m not getting old!” I snapped back, which is true.

She had a smirk on her face, “Then why do I see wrinkles.” she said sarcastically.

I ran to the mirror and I did see lines on my face, but they were from my bed.

“These aren’t wrinkles, their called bed marks you idiot.” I said harshly.

“That’s what you want to say.” she said wit a smirk.

Urgh! I can’t wait until she gets fifteen, she’ll understand.

“Stop your fighting you two!” my mom yelled.

“Sorry!” we both said.

Mandy and I went into the kitchen and my dad kissed me on the forehead.

“Good morning you two and stop driving your mom crazy.”

My dad is very protective of me, he doesn’t want me to go to the Star Struck Academy, but I’m going to try to convince him to let me go. He always thinks of me as his little girl, he doesn’t understand how this school is important to me and I’m old enough to follow my dreams. My dad says “Never let anything get in your way to get to your dream.” he just doesn’t realize that he is the one who is standing in the way of me getting to my dream.