Before Twilight: Edward's Cousin

Hi!

This short story occured before Twilight, when it was just Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie.  A few months before Bella came along.

I hope you like it!

Animigirl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward's POV (that's point of view you dummy!) (jokes)

Alice froze in the middle of skipping down the stairsher eyes went blank. I immediately focused on her thoughts. She saw a girl that looked around 17, the view was from the back and she had the same bronze tint in her hair like mine, colour perfect. I could see her approaching the house, but the feeling around her was curious and shy, not at all a threat. That was all I could pick up from reading Alice's thoughts, the rest I had to ask her.

"When?" I inquired.

"I can't believe I haven't seen seen this earlier! It appears she will arrive in about two hours."  Alice replied, clearly annoyed by the quirk her gift sometimes had.

"What's going on?" Asked the rest of the family.

"Another visitor, clearly not a threat though, a girl, about 17 with hair just like Edward's". Said Alice, her eyes scanning my hair as she spoke.

"Cool!" said Emmett. I rolled my eyes.

2 hours later.

We were all assembled in the front room, listening out for any sounds of approach, finally, there was the sound of air going around an object, the girl. She wasn't moving very fast, trying to be cautious, not threatening. She approached the front stairs, and paused, she could clearly sense that we were waiting for her, but choosing not to approach. She went up the stairs at the same time Carlisle went to the door. When she reached the top, Carlisle opened the door.

"Oh! Hi!" The girl said, grinning.

We all stared at her in shock. Why? Because she had the exact same hair shade, the same angular features, height, and smile as me, Edward Cullen.

"Umm... are you guys OK?" she said, her smile vanishing.

She glanced at Emmett looking at her, and then me, again and again, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Welcome to our house! I'm Carlisle Cullen" He extended his hand out to her.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Tember Malalay." She said, taking Carlisle's hand and shaking it.

"Come in," said Esme.

Tember stepped inside to face everyone.

"So, what brings you here?" asked Carlisle.

"Well, I'm actually looking for some one." She turned and focused on me. "Are you Edward?" she asked me.

"Yes" I answered.

"Did you used to go under the name Edward Masen?" She asked again, her eyes - which were gold, indicating she had the same diet as us -  lighting up in excitment.

I nodded.

"My name was Tember Masen, I'm your cousin." she said, measuring my reaction.

"CALLED IIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" boomed Emmett.

The rest of us were silent.

"How?" I asked, but it was very evident that she had some relation to me.