Compartment

I sit down in a compartment with Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Daphne Greengrass and Pansy Parkinson. We talk a lot when someone knocks at the compartment door.

"Who's there," snaps Draco. "It's Ginny, can I come in?" Draco looks at me and I nod. Ginny's voice didn't seem alright. Draco whips with his wand and the compartment door opens, revealing a crying Ginny.

She storms into the compartment, right into my arms. "Ginny, what is wrong," I ask while rubbing her back. What happened with her? I had never see her cry before, it looks unnatural. "It is just.. no one will believe Harry with Voldemort's return and I can't handle it," cries Ginny into my shoulder.

I keep rubbing her back but look at the rest in worry. Daphne and Pansy knew about me, but not about the murder of Karkaroff. "And I've just heard that Karkaroff was killed, probably by Voldemort, because he had betrayed his old Death Eater-mates." If she only knew, I think with a tear below my left eye, sticking on my eyelashes.

Blaise looks at me and tries to save me. "Why do you think he is killed because of that," he asks. "That is what Harry thinks," she mutters softly. "Ginny, I know it is hard, but please calm down. You won't get yourself anywhere with crying," I try to cheer her up.

She nods and rubs the tears out of her eyes. "Thank you Hermione, thanks Zabini." "Call me Blaise," he says with his usual Slytherin charm. Ginny smiles at him and stands up. "I won't bother you all any further, and Hermione, I'll see you by the carriages I think." "Sorry, Gin, but I sit this time in a carriage with these boys. I'll see you in the Great Hall."

"Yes, of course," Ginny says with a bit of a sad tone. She waves and walks away. I sigh deeply, my mind overflowing with thoughts. "What's wrong Hermione," asks Daphne. "Pansy, Daphne, can you leave us alone," asks Draco, although it sounded more like a command. What can you say,  he is 'the Slytherin Prince'.

They look unhappy about it but do as he says and walk out of the compartment. "Is everything alright Hermione," asks Crabbe. "Yes Crabbe, I am fine." "Well, you don't look like it at all, especially when Weaslette spoke about Karkaroff," Draco says.

"How many times did I tell you all to NOT call them Weasels or Weaslette?" "A lot of times, but that doesn't mean I am listening," says Draco with a smirk. "I still think about it, Karkaroff.... dead. Not that I regret it, it was the right thing to do. But still.."

"I understand what you are feeling 'Mione," says Draco kindly, reaching out to hold my hand. Instead, I jump from my seat and hug him. It felt so comfortable, hugging these people. Draco grabs me tightly and pushes me against his chest.

For the rest of the travel I just hang against his chest, him with one arm wrapped around me. I am to deep in thought to say anything, but they respected that. These friends where different from the Weasleys and Harry. They respected what I want, they put themselves after me.

I realize with a shock, that these Slytherins are my real friends. And with another shock, I realize that if you don't act like a friend, like the Weasleys and Harry lately, with exception of Ginny, you are not a real friend. The Weasleys and Harry were no real friends anymore.

No Hermione, how can you think like that? They always treated you well! Yes, treated, my inner, devilish voice whispers to me. I lift my head a bit higher and watch Draco's beautiful steel grey eyes.

Yes, true friendship. I was here with the right people. These are my true friends. The others WERE my friends, but you can grow over some friendships, can't you?