Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

I awoke to the loud beeping of my alarm clock, I smacked the snooze button and got out of bed to make some breakfast. I was half way done eating when the phone buzzed "Hey, I'm on my way better B ready!   -Avery". Five minutes later the door bell rang, I opened the door to see Avery's frantic face on the other side. "What happened to you?" I ask noticing she out of breath and her usually flat hair is all tangled. "ssshut the door" so I did as instructed and we both took a seat at the kitchen table. "What scared you so much?" I ask in confusion, "you may not believe me", "try me!", "Okay, when I was walking to your house I heard a noise from the bush so when I went to go check it out something pulled me down from behind, so I got back up and ran the rest of the way, but it felt like it was following me cause I kept hearing the bushes rattling". "Did it ever occur to you it could just be because of the wind?" I questioned. It took me a moment to realise that she must have been reading up on the "Crawlynn kid napping" articles again. "Have you been reading those articles again?", "NO!" she shouted defensively, as I could clearly see a news paper clipping sticking out of her purse. It read.

Crawlynn kid napping continues

After 4 years of filed reports of missing teenagers, the kid napper strikes again! Taking 16 year old "Sara Monty". Police haven't released any further information but to travel in a group and to lock your doors at night.

For four years now there has been said to be a kidnapper that takes teens, every person that was suspected to be "kidnapped" has never been found or even have recovered a body. Personally I dont believe in such a thing considering they have evidence what so ever to back their story up. Avery on the other hand is a whole other story. She likes to collect news articles, she says its for her "safety" but really i think it because shes paranoid. One time in 7th grade I had found a whole book full of clippings in her room that said things like, "Police receive a report of a new born infant found in a trash can. Upon investigation, officers discover it was only a burrito." 

Once I convince her that it was just the wind we headed off to school. As we were walking to school I had realised what Avery was saying might not been because she was "paranoid" from all those years of collecting those articles, but that it may actually be true. It felt like someone was watching us as we headed to school, it may not be the Crawlynn kid napper but something sure as hell was following us.

After we were safely through the school doors we rushed to class. It was 9:40am, I was listening to my teacher Mrs.Henderson babble on about the different positions in the court room and how we will be re creating how a court room works when i started to zone out. I was looking around the room to give something interesting to think about when I swear i saw from the corner of my eyes something standing at the door staring at me but once i turned my head to look it was gone. Who ever it was, it felt like how it did this morning when we thought someone was following us, but i put that out of my head for the remainder of class telling myself i was paranoid and if i took it any further i'd be the one collecting articles like "An Oklahoma couple discovered a thief in their home Sunday afternoon after a man told a joke and heard a laugh from upstairs". So i directed my mind elsewhere.

The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I met up with my friends and we headed to our usual spot outside to go and eat. We pulled out our lunch's and started eating, Hally like usual being the gossiper that she is started to talk about how Lyann from Chem was cheating on her boyfriend. So i took the time to ask Avery if anything weird has happened to her to today. "Not really since i split with you everything has been normal, but right now it feels like who ever was following us this morning is watching us again" Avery explained as I to realised I could feel the eyes on us again. "Well for me when I was in class I swore i thought i saw someone watching me from the corner of my eye but when i turned my head they disappeared", "well did you get a good look at them?", "no because who ever it was, wasn't their when i looked", the bell rang and we started to head off to class, "well i guess we will see what happens at the end of the day and we will go to my house after school to discuss it."

Before I knew it the day was over and it was time to head over to Avery house. I loaded up my back pack up with all the research we were doing in class today about mythical creatures in attempts to keep my mind wandering else where. I locked my locker and headed over to my cluster of friends that took up the entire hall. In the cluster was Hally, Avery, Joannie, Braya and Sara. We all headed to Avery's house and but when we got out of school the eyes were on us yet again. When we reached a hill surrounded by trees be all stopped when we heard a noise that sounded like heavy breathing coming from the trees. we all confirmed that it was none of us so we decided to ignore it. We resumed walking when we got a few feet ahead a masculine figure jumped out from behind the trees and grabbed Avery. The figure was tall dark and about 6'2, everyone ran except Me(Mikayla, Joannie and Braya. Once everyone had fled the figure was trying to hold her down from struggling when Avery yelled "Mikayla run!", "let her go!"  I screamed at the figure. The dark figure looked up, I couldn't see much but his shadowy face and some black straggly hair peeping out from behind the cloak. "Run!" Avery shouted, so we did. We ran to a little abandoned house just below the hill, we were half way their wen Joannie was coming up from behind us "DONT LEAVE ME HERE GUYS" she said flailing her arms in the air as she ran to catch up to us.

We headed into the abandoned house and sat in a dark room. I sat their for an hour deciding on what we should do and how we would explain what had happened.20 minutes later i was pretty sure the others had passed asleep when the figure strode into to the room. Baffled by how he even found us he then came over to me and lowered himself till he was eye level with me, "it will be alright darling", he said soothingly as he stroked my cheek, then everything went dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please feel free to leave me a comment and tell what you think about it and if their is anything i should fix or add. Please tell me if you would also like me to continue, i look forward to continuing this book. I assure you after this chapter it will get alot more interesting.

Thanks!