Chapter 1; Love of my Life

Brooklyn Jones gently stroked her long, brunette locks, effortlessly applied mascara and touched up on her pale foundation before she left to spend the night out with her best friends, Niall and Leah. They were just going out to eat at their local restaurant so Brooke decided against making herself look classy by taking time on herself. Not that she needed it, Brooke was a natural beaut. She basically woke up looking like a pageant queen. She was blessed with wavy brown hair that fell right below her chest. She had  the most captivating blue eyes that would take your breath away before you even had the chance to introduce yourself. Brooke had big, full lips, and stunningly long eyelashes. She was a looker, and everyone knew it, except herself. She was almost like a butterfly, they can't see their wings, they can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. Part of the reason she never saw herself as a charm was because of her best friend, Leah, who always seemed to steal the attention. Most people thought of Leah as ' the slut ' because of  the way she dressed and acted, but that didn't matter much to the boys considering they were all over her. She wasn't a stunner like Brooke, though. Brooke had something special that no boy had found in her yet, but it was there.

Brooke heard a sharp knock coming from her front door. She peered out of her bedroom window to see if it was Leah and Niall, which it was. She ran out of her room grabbing her purse, and shut the door behind her. She darted down the stairs,

"Bye, Mom! Bye, Payton! Love you! I'll be back later." Brooke blurred as she was walking out the door.

"Wait, come back! Don't forget a sweater!"  Brookes mom, Joanne reminded.

Brooke dragged herself back up the steps and scanned out her room for her favorite, grey, stitched sweater. It didn't do much for her, but it was from Guess, which made her look important. Brooklyn wasn't into flashy things, she liked to keep things simple, but decent. Finally, Brooke made it out of her house and into Leah's car.

"Finally.." Leah moaned, " I thought you'd never get out of that house!" Leah stepped on the gas and took the car flying down Brooke's street.

" Hey Leah, Hey, Niall." Brooke greeted. 

They arrived at Ikko, their local restaurant, and scurried in. They expected there to be a long wait, but surprisingly there wasn't. In fact, it was only them, and one other table. They took a seat across from the only table in use.

Right away, Niall and Leah opened up the menu to find out what they wanted. Brooke was too busy gawking at what seemed to be her motivation. Brooke was in daze with a boy who she didn't even know the name of. The stranger had electric emerald green eyes that pierced you with every look. He had a head of curls that was so unusual, yet so incredibly attractive. Brooke felt like she had known him for a life time after just one look. 

Once she broke from her trance that felt like forever, she took a look at the menu. Not being able to concentrate what she was reading, she just ordered a house salad.

"Okay, why are you acting like this? Is it that guy sitting behind us? It probably is.." Leah knew her too well. " 

"Uh, yeah." Brooke giggled. Leah waved over at the guy who was sitting with his friend. Brooke began to blush and sink in her seat. 

"Girl, you need to grow some balls. Lets go over there." Leah pushed.

"No! No! I refuse. He wouldn't want anything to do with a girl like me anyways.." Brooke argued.

"Oh please," Leah said, rolling her eyes,

"Would ya get at least a little more confident? Honestly,you would think some of my ego would have rubbed off on you by now. Guess not." Leah finished.

Brooke just sat there, looking ashamed. 

"Well, would ya at least look up at him? I think he's smiling at you.." Leah suggested. Brooke looked up and was flattered when she saw the guy was smiling back at her.

"Seriously, guys. We came here to eat. Not get all buttery over some 'dreamy' guy that you DON'T know." Niall said while getting up, " I'm leaving. " Niall walked out and left Brooke and Leah to get 'buttery' over the 'dreamy' guy that they didn't know.

After a few minutes, Brooke and Leah agreed that it was time to leave. They paid the bill and ditched the restaurant.. and the gorgeous boy.

After they got about half way home, Brooke noticed that she left her purse at Ikko.

"Ugh! Shit!" Brooke exclaimed, " I forgot my purse!"

Leah rolled her eyes and just shook it off. "Ehh, we'll get it tomorrow. I'm tired. Hey, maybe dream guy picked it up, who knows."Leah protested.

Leah dropped Brooklyn off, barely saying goodbye, and drove off. She always came across as someone who was in a rush for everything. Up the stairs went Brooklyn and she just laid awake in her bed the whole night. She didn't even care about how tired she was, or how late it was. All she cared about was how stupid she was to have let that boy go, not even trying to make an impression.

                                                                             *    *    *

The next morning, Brooke woke up to the sound of her house phone going off. She rolled over and looked at her alarm clock.

" 5 AM?! Who would be calling! " She got up and checked the caller ID. it was her cell phone. That meant someone picked it up.

Brooke answered, " Hello ?"

" Hi, I believe you left your phone at the restaurant? I'm Harry. Harry Styles. I'm almost positive you saw me at Ikko last night... and now here I am with your phone, your purse, your wallet.. " Harry began,

" So, here's the deal, you get your stuff back under one condition. Give me the extraordinary honor of taking you on a date, lovely. I'll see you at 7 PM. At Ikko. If you're not there, i will be disappointed. Bye. "

Harry finished. Brooke tried talking, but he was no longer on the line. Brooke fell into her bed with the biggest smile attached to her face. This could be it.