Chapter Thirteen

The Glaive

Chapter Thirteen

POV CHANGE

"Celestiea wait!!" I ran after her. Like always I say the wrong thing, why was I so stupid. If it wasn't for her I'd be dead! She's saved me so many times yet I keep pushing her away. And now I went to far! Why? Why do I keep doing this to her, let alone me?! The more I run after the farther she is it seems. Why do I keep hurting her? Do I ever learn!

"Cele-" I tripped on my own feet falling down. 'Damn it' I hit the ground with my fist. I get back up, she was no longer in sight. But I could tell where she was headed, I ran down the path until I to the edge of the school's campus. It was a dead end, I didn't know which way she had gone. "Where'd you go?"

This was definitely my fault if it wasn't for me she wouldn't have left. Breathing deeply from all the running I leaned my head back and closing my eyes. 'Think Sirius! Think! You know her better than anyone right now, where could she have gone!' She couldn't have gone far, she can't use her powers yet so she wouldn't be able to teleport... but if she tried again. She'd be vulnerable! I have to find her quickly!

I could hear a loud cry from down the right side of the street. "Celestiea!" I quickly run in that direction ignoring the protection barrier that I left. Celestiea took high priority over my own safety right now. I could tell something was wrong, when I got to a park. It was empty. I look around all over but saw her nowhere. Where could she have gone.

"Looking for something" I jump as a unfamiliar voice shouted from behind me. I quickly turn to find a man in a mask, he was holding Celestiea covering her mouth with his hand while she squirmed to get out of his grasp.

"Let her go!" I yelled at him, the man smirked.

"Why should I? She's not yours, I've come to retrieve her." She jerked her to make her stop moving but it didn't make her stop. 'Retrieve her?'

"What do you mean by that?" I asked

"Well just as it sound, her grandfather has heard of what she's been doing. The disgrace." He clicked his tongue three times.

"You've been a bad girl Estie, and your mother as well. Grandfather wishes to punish you just like he did your mother." Celestieas eyes widened and she stopped moving. "Yep that's right! Grandfather gave her a worse punishment than banishment, and now she took it to her grave!" He laughed as Celestiea stared in shock. Tears rolled down her face.

"Why you!!!" How could they do that to her mother! What did she do to deserve this! I jumped into the air and plunge at him. I guess he didn't expect it because he barely dodge me.

"Wow you're strong! Look Estie if you was like him you might not of been banished! Can't say the same for your bother though. You see where that got him." He said cheerfully as he dodged another of my attacks. "You'll learn that you will suffer the same fate!" This guy was a demon how could he be so cruel to her! I sped up my speed. Making it harder to dodge me. He dodge me in a zigzag motion. He was barely even touching the ground with his feet. It was like a feather dancing in the wind. He dodged all of my attacks.

He mocked me by giggling, "this the best you can do? You can't possibly save her with your strength. You like a puny little kitten facing a miraculous dragon such as myself!" She grinned

"Don't underestimate me!" I pushed. Myself to get faster, I swung around him catching him off guard as I thrusters my arm to punch him in the back. I did it! I was about to hit him until he quickly turned around. He was inhuman!! No one could dodge this attack. But he didn't technically dodge it. Instead he used Celestiea as a human shield!

I couldn't stop my punch! Everything was happening so fast. What do I do!? The velocity of my arm was too fast to stop. Then at the last moment an idea came to my mind. I quickly used this chance to grab her with my other hand ripping her away from him, removing her from the frame. Of course my hit didn't connect because he dodge once again.

I fell back on my butt with Celestiea with me. "You're right I shouldn't underestimate you!" He cracked his neck. I held Celestiea tightly, I could tell he got to her because she was shaking nonstop. 'Should I escape now that I got Celestiea back now?'

"Celestiea, get ahold of yourself" I say into her ear. She shivered when I did. What should I do? I can't fight him if I have to worry about her while I do. She can't fight in her condition. I had to do something fast!

Something started to ring, confused me because it was a song from a popular girl band. I raised my eyebrow as the guy sighed and answered his phone.

"Hello?" I could tell he didn't like the other person on the phone because he rolled his eyes as he talked to them. I thought it would be rude if I intervened. I stood up bringing Celestiea with me. I tried to get her to stay behind me but she didn't budge. "I'm working on it!! I ran into a little trouble, I'm handling it right now" he paused and looked at us. Putting his finger out for one second.

"Celestiea!" I tried to snap her out of whatever she was going through. She wouldn't even let go of me. This was just like last night! She was in a trance! This was going to be complicated.

"It's no use." I turned my head to see him ending his call with the other person. "She's already under my spell, and this time I won't just let you take her." He smirked. Lifting his hands up like a composer would, he gathered energy. "I wonder what could had made her that upset?" He mocked me. "Right now she's living in hell, you see my traces they make them see whatever I want them to. You could say it's genius! When you in my trace it makes it seem like your in there for day... no weeks even months!" He said proudly.

"You disgusting piece of--" the guy cut my off as he dove toward us. I didn't dodge quick enough because he manage to slightly touch Celestiea.

"As you can tell we know who the victor will be!" He stopped and looked at me confidently he then snapped his finger. When he snapped it Celestiea started to levitate. I grabbed to to try and keep her from doing so but it was no use. The power he had was too powerful for me to stop. I tried my best to hold onto her but my fingers started to slipper away. I tried my best but I lost ahold of her. I watched as she floated up into the sky. I slap my thigh, displeased with myself.

"What did you do to her?!" I gritted my teeth in anger. He ignored my question.

"How about we play a game." He clapped his hands together. This twisted guy! Did Celestiea know him?!

"If you win you can have the girl but if I win I get both of you! I'd love to have another puppet to quench my amusement!" He chuckled. "So how about it?" I had no choice in the matter, he had Celestiea. If wanted to keep her safe I had to play his rules. I wasn't looking forward to this!