Chapter 3

Author's Note: I am really sorry, guys, for taking so long to write this chapter but I twisted my knee and had to go to the doc. Please tell me if you prefer to have long chapters once a week or smaller chapters twice a week. With love, Majolupe.

P.S.: This chapter isn't edit so if you find any mistakes feel free to point them out

---------------------------------------------

     Night came like a somber veil of boundless sadness. Kyra was still sitting on her bed with her head hanging and her eyelids tightly closed as to prevent something from getting out. Daylight had already vanished and the heavy darkness of the night shrouded her. The atmosphere brought a cold and moist breeze that promised a storm like no other. At least that was the impression that Kyra had, who could do nothing for her father. At the thought of the man who brought her up and protected her, she took a deep and shaky breath, releasing it from her tense body. Her mind was a mess of emotions and thoughts, her soul was haunted by nightmares that came at night time and day time. She had no strength to continue her inner battle, her mind was hazy and obscure.

        As if to stop her from beating herself up about something she couldn't prevent, a knock came from the door. Not a second later, Jayden emerged from the corridor. His face was a mixture of emotions; he looked satisfied, almost as if he knew something she didn't know and would use it against her. She raised her head to look at him but as she opened her heavy eyelids a couple of tears escaped and flowed down her face. Jayden tried to hide a sly smile by covering his mouth with his hand. Kyra looked away, to the window, trying to free her soul from such horrible situation. Jayden took a step towards her and held her chin, making her look up at him. His eyes were somber but held fake sympathy on them.

        "Kyra" He said slowly, savoring her name. "I know what you are passing through. I know that your father will have to go to war." Kyra freed her chin and looked away again. Jayden simply held his arms by his body and looked down at her with a satisfied smile. "I know you are trying to find a way to stop him but you can give up now, there isn't a way to do it. It is an order and he has to follow it!" Kyra stood up so quickly that Jayden almost fell down.

        "What do you want from me? I know all of that, did you come here just to make me feel bad! What kind of human are...!" She wasn't able to finish her phrase as Jayden slapped her hard on the face, making her fall back on the bed.

        "Who do YOU think you are!? You are my servant and should not talk back at me! I give the orders and you follow them, I talk and you listen!" Kyra glared at him with burning eyes but he simply smiled and grabbed her face, squeezing her cheeks and approaching his face. "Now, you ungrateful brat, I came here to propose a solution for your problem." He said releasing her face. "But since you don't seem to want that, I will leave." He said turning around.

        "Wait!" She begged him, holding the hem of his shirt. "Please, I beg of you, tell me how to save my father! I would do anything for him!"

        "Oh, interesting, now you want my help!" He said laughing evilly while Kyra sat back down on the bed. "Sweetheart, the solution is very simple; you just have to accept my conditions."

        "What do you mean it is simple? How will you save my father from going to war?"

        "Well, that is the easiest part. My father can release him from his duties if he wants to. After all, he is a powerful man."

        "What!? Are you saying that he can stop my father from having to obey an order! But i thought it wasn't possible!" Kyra thought about it for a moment and looked back at Jayden with shock. "Don't tell me he is going to bribe someone in order to do that!"