V- Vase

Vase (The breaking of an 1000-year old one)

It was all Miley Cyrus's fault really, Alec thought. Her and Magnus were the ones who ought to be getting the blame, but as usual nobody seemed to believe him. So he was the one who got into trouble. Again.

<•>magical flashback<•>

Magnus decides that he wants to go dancing. He also decides that he wants to go dancing with Alec, who's having none of it and is lying face-down on the couch. Magnus is sitting beside him on the floor, watching How to Look Good Naked with Gok Wan (his absolute favourite person after Alec) and occasionally poking his boyfriend in the shoulder.

"But I don't want to go out." Alec moans into the orange fluffy sofa. Magnus isn't really sure about the sofa now. Maybe he'll change it later.

"Aleeeeec." He whines, poking the blue-eyed boy again. "I want to party. I haven't partied for ages. I haven't thrown a party for at least four months. People think I'm taming down."

Alec mumbles something into the sofa that sounds suspiciously like 'you have tamed down' but Magnus chooses to ignore it and keep prodding his boyfriend. The pokes get more frequent and harder, until Alec finally raises his head and pouts at Magnus.

"Fine. Throw a party." He groans. "But don't expect me to be part of it."

Magnus is humming pop tunes to himself as he contemplates how he wants the room to look tonight. He's sent out the invitations with the theme of 'Nightclub Punk' which can be interpreted many ways, but promises a good time. With a snap of his fingers, the living room floor is a black marble with tartan walls. He waves his hand over the room and pillars appear with fairy lights wound around them and he conjures up one of the fanciest bars he's ever seen, with a bubble machine built it, because bubbles are important. He sent Alec home with a few invites earlier, and plans on making this one of the best parties he's had. A few text messages to friends asking to help out at the bar and the room's ready.

He gets out his usual party playlist, and sighs when he thinks about all the music he hasn't had time to put on. And then he gets the idea. Who is a wild party person who can liven up his party and ensure that nobody else's ever gets close to being as awesome?

He pulls out his phone and makes a call to an old friend.

Once his friend has agreed to the deal, Magnus focuses on the impression he would give tonight- the outfit.

He opens the doors of his walk-in wardrobe and found the '80s labeled draw that contains (surprise, surprise) a few choice items left over from the 80s and the punk phase Magnus had gone through.

After much deliberation he decides on ripped black skinny jeans, a ripped white shirt, suspenders and the jacket of his plaid vinyl suit. He pairs it with red DMs and turns to his makeup table. He looks in the mirror and ponders on what to do with his hair before using magic to quiff it. (A/N: for reference look at Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys's hair. That's kinda the look I'm talking about.)

He picks up a pot of black glitter and rings his eyes with it before adding three red gems in the outer corner of each eye. A hint of red lip tint and he's ready to go.

Magnus is already excited when the doorbell rings for the first time. He knows that people will come in groups, and Petunia is kindly manning the bar with her six arms.

A group of werewolves make their way up into the flat and start dancing to the party playlist already. At most parties people try to arrive fashionably late; here they always try to get here on time to have as much fun as possible. Magnus's parties are always fun.