Being Strong

Another (verbal) punch, another broken day.

You survive but something within you dies. Or better said, it conserves. You wait until you find a happy moment and get that part of yourself out, holding it with a nimble touch like a lost treasure, until something hurts you enough that you put it away and hide it again, scared it could break under the pressuring pain that you feel. The least thing you want to do is break. You might feel shattered, but you aren't completely. Maybe chips of your faith lay strewn around you, but something still holds you together. It may be your pet, it may be your favorite sport. There is always something worth living for, even if you can't see it because it is so close to your eyes. Staying strong can cost a lot of energy, but in the end, it will be worth it, believe me. If you get bullied, or mistreated, just remember that you are the stronger one, because you are in control of your aggressions and emotions towards others and they are not.

Remember, your strength lies in your thoughts, for no one can touch them. They are yours.

A/N: I found this on my computer from times where I wasn't happy. I thought I'd share it because I hope it will help someone. Things get better even if it doesn't seem like it at first.