Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1:

He sat alone that morning, confused, dilated. His mind was hazy and he couldn't quite remember last nights happenings. All he knew at that current moment was that he was walking home one minute, and the next he was in a dark, translucent room. Or at least he thought it was morning. There were no clocks, no shadows, no way to tell what time of day it was. It really hit him hard to know that he didn't come home last night. What did his parents think? They're probably worried sick that their only son didn't come home that night. And knowing them, they probably thought of the worst.

At the Hirose's home

"Where could he be?!? I mean its a ten minute walk from here to the gas station!" Reena said worridly.

"I don't know honey, but we must remain calm. I just contacted the police, and they said that there have been a lot of strange disappearances of teenage students within the past two weeks. They are doing their best to find all of the abducted children." Replied her husband Gilbert.

Reena and Gilbert Hirose were just your average parents of a teenager. They wanted the best for their child, but they knew that they had to loosen up on him or he would become like all those druggies and disappoint them. They had been married for fifteen years, and they had Josh shortly after their first anniversary. Reena was a thirty-four year old mother with light brown hair. She had eyes that changed color with the seasons, but at the current moment they were a dark hazel. She wasn't the shortest women in the world, but she certainly wasn't the tallest. her face was that of an angel, and Gilbert was extremely proud to be her husband. Gilbert was a buff man. He was very tall, and well built. He had dark, dark blue eyes, and had dirty-blonde hair. He had just recently gotten out of the military, and was working on changing his point of view from the marine-like lifestyle to a more cozy, homey one. Not that he really had a choice, for he was a father now and he had been for fourteen years! All he could think about at that moment was the peril of his son. Where in the world could he be? Who could have taken his boy without reason? Or was there a reason?

*******************************************************************************************************

"Where am I?" Thought Josh as his eyes wandered around the dank room. "More importantly, who brought me here? I need to find my way out. Best to start with the door I suppose." Josh tried to get up, but an intense, throbbing pain came shooting through his nerves from his lower back area. Just as fast as he tried to get up, he plummeted back to the ground with a dull thud. He laid there for a moment, trying to cope with the painful sensation that he was feeling."Why cant I get up?" he thought. "What happened to my back?" He slowly ran his hand down his spinal cord 'till he felt the sensation again.  "There it is" he said aloud. Someone had smashed a blunt object directly into his spinal column. It wasn't enough to hinder him paralysed, but it still induced a great amount of pain whenever that column was moved." Okay, let's just put my hand here, and hold my back like this, and... and... There we go!" Josh had figured out a way to hold his back in a certain way so that it wouldn't be unbearable and he could just barely stand to his feet.  "Well, it hurt, but lets find a way out of this hell hole!" He began feeling his way around the room. It wasn't very large, being only about twelve feet by fourteen feet in size. But there seemed to be no door! How could he possibly plan to obtain freedom if he can't even find a freaking door! He had only checked three of the four walls, but he was starting to loose hope. He decided to take one last leap of hope and check the last wall. There was a door! But sadly, it was locked."They wouldn't have kidnapped me to just let me die, I guess I'll just have to wait till morning." He thought.