Chapter 5

You know that band?

The one with the guitar god who doesn’t seem to get enough recognition most the time?

The one with the amazing bass player with the awkward knees and a good heart?

The one with the rhythm guitarist whose laughter lights up a room?

The one with the lead vocalist who puts everything he’s got into every performance?

You know the band.

The band whose lead singer was drunk for 3 straight years, and got clean in 17 days?

The band whose bass player had a mental breakdown, and still returned to record the rest of an album?

The band whose rhythm guitarist once played a show hooked up to an oxygen tank?

The band whose lead guitarist had to watch his best friends go through this and try to hold the band together at the same time?

You know that band.

My Chemical Romance.

The social rejects from New Jersey who wanted to make a difference, make some music, and maybe lower the suicide rate.

The ones who have to put up with labels that can be as small as “dark” or as extreme as “suicide cult”.

A few words for My Chemical Romance <3

Gerard was standing in the doorway of my room. A look of utter confusion and slight fear painted on his face. He put a hand through his hair and opened his mouth to say something but ended up just gaping at us.

No one really moved or said anything. We all just kind of sat there staring at eachother. Cause we're tards like that.

"What the hell am I wearing?" Gerard said, looking down at his attire.

Nice first question Gerard. You wake up in a strangers bed, you have bruises and cuts all over yourself, you have no idea where you are or how long you've been here; and the first question you ask is "What the hell am I wearing?" smart move.

"Dude," I said climbing off of Frank, "Do you even know what happened?"

He just looked at me, hand still in his hair, "No....not really. Just that I was walking home last night? It was last night, wasn't it?" He waited for me to answer and I nodded my head, "And some one shoved y head into a wall? I don't remember, I guess I went unconcouse. I don't remember anything else."

Frank shook his head. "You were half dead when we found you man, those jerks were beating you. Hard. It's a wonder you can even walk."

"Wait wait, backpedal for a moment, who? Can someone just tell me what happened? In detail please? I don't want to have to fill in the blanks." He mumbled the last part.

"Scoot over ya pig." I flung Franks legs off the sofa and sat down, gesturing for Gerard to take a seat in one of the chairs.

He started to walk over but lost his balance and had to catch himself by grabbing the corner of the wall. Sky was over at his side in seconds, helping him into the chair. If anything, he looked even more confused. He took a breath, about to say something, but I cut him off.

"I'll tell you everything, just sit back." I said and he nodded.

"Me and Frank were driving to my place," I saw Gerards lips move up in a smirk, "because, like a gentelman, he was giving me a ride home." I emphesized the last bit just to make sure he got the point.

Frank cut in, "We saw three guys beating you senseless so I pulled over. We smart-talked them and then Grey here pulled a gun on 'em."

Gerards eyebrows went up. "You pulled a gun on them? But you don't even know me." He said in disbelief.

"What do you think I am, some kind of heartless witch who leaves helpless people to be jumped?" I replied to him.

"Anyways," added Frank, "we carried you to the car and drove you here, Grey and Skys house."

Sky chose this moment to jump in, "We cleaned you up and put you to bed. You were hurt, and still are, pretty bad. Those guys might have killed you."

Gerard sat back in the chair and let out a puff of air. "I don't know what to say, thanks guys. A lot."

We all did a shrug thing and said a few meh no problem dude's.

All of a sudden Gerard shot up, "Oh crap! Do any of you guys have a phone?"

"There's one on the counter, its my dinosaur. Have at it." replied Sky as she curled up in one of the chairs."But be careful walking in there, you need to go slowly."

He stood up slowly but steadily and made his way to the kitchen, about five steps away from the couch. He picked up the phone and we heard him dial a number.

Frank decided to break the silence by asking me, "So how'd you sleep last night sugar plumb?"

I wasn't really for having a guy at my house that I barely knew, let alone two. And I for sure wasn't about sharing a couch with one of them. It had been a long long night and I was tired as hell, I could have fallen asleep standing. Now that he was giving me a continuous hard time about it, I was not so sure I ever wanted to repeat this.

"Frank Iero if you don't drop that this second, you will never step foot in this apartment again. For christs sake, the only thing I know about you is your name!" I shouted, nailing him with a pillow again.

"Good lord woman.." He muttered.

It was silent once again and I heard someone pick up on the phone Gerard was using.

"Hey, Mikey? This is Gerard, I-"

"Where the HELL were you Gerard?! I have been at home worrying my arse off about you and you call me now?!?" Gerard almost threw the phone away from his head.

"Mikey listen-" but Gerard was only cut off by more rants and screams. "Gosh darn it Mikey! Hold your darn horses!" He then looked at me, "What address am I at?"