Epilogue

"Is Liam going to the prom with you on Friday?" Bethany asks me as we walk to our mathematics class.

I shrug. "I don't think so. Dances are not his scene. He told me that before."

"Oh okay." Beth said.

"If he doesn't want to go, I understand. I'm not going to hold that against him. I'm still going to go to prom and enjoy myself." I said, smiling at her.

She grins back. "Oh yes and remember that you are a prom queen nominee." She said in a singsong voice.

I groan when she said that. I didn't really care for prom queen, but Jasmine had nominated me when I was in the hospital. I didn't even know. I was shocked when I heard my name being called over the intercom as a prom queen nominee last month. I didn't even campaign because I didn't care to win.

After a while Jasmine adds. "By the way, I snuck in and saw the work you guys did on the decorations. I like it." She compliments.

"Yes it is." I said smiling in reminiscence at the work we had done.

A month back, I had went to help Simone with the decorations. I was only back at school for a week and was still in my cast, but I really wanted to help. She didn't like the idea of me staying after school to help. She told me that I didn't have to help and said I should go home and concentrate on healing. I knew she was only being nice and showing concern for me, but I could see that they needed the help. I told her that it was okay and that I could still help.

She finally gave in after a lot of persuasion from me and hesitation from her. I didn't have much problem to be honest and I sat most of the time. Liam would stay after school with me most times and the other times he would leave and come back for me. He was always there when I needed him and he wouldn't allow me to walk anywhere. I knew he cared about me and wanted to protect me, but sometimes it was irritating how he treated me like I was made of glass.

Working with the prom's decorating committee was fun and exciting. Creating and making the things that was needed for this prom was the most fun I'd had in a long time to be honest as I was doing something that I've never done before. When I was done I was happy with our final product.

"Well, we would get to see it in full effect on Friday." Beth states as we enter our classroom. I nod my head in agreement.

The rest of the day went by quickly and now I was walking to my locker. When I neared my locker, I look around for Liam. Normally, he would be at my locker waiting for me, but now he wasn't there. I walk towards my locker and open it.

I was stun still at what I saw in my locker. The word 'prom' and a question mark was hung down in the middle of my locker by brightly coloured strings. The words were neatly cut from a thick, purple paper. Having a strong feeling who did this, I crack a smile.

How did he get in my locker anyway?

Turning around quickly, I look for the boy in question. I see him at a couple of lockers down. It seems like he had just appeared there, because he was not there a minute ago. When I turn my head to him, he starts to walk towards me.

"So, would you accompany me to prom?" He asks, when he reaches where I stood.

"Of course." I reply, then add. "I thought a place like that wasn't your scene."

"Why would you think that?"

"You told me." I remind him.

"Well, I didn't have a reason to go before. Plus, I wouldn't have left you to go alone." He states.

"That's sweet." I give him a smile. "I'm glad you are going." I turn around to put my books in my locker, then closed the door. "By the way, how did you get into my locker?"