Until the End -SnK/AoT-

Prologue 

I felt my heart beating fast, and my hands were shaking. I was nervous and scared as hell, but I hid it behind a bored stare. I forced my breathing to stay steady, no matter how much I felt like I was suffocating. I finally closed my eyes and took a deep breath, hoping to calm my jittery nerves. I was facing one of my greatest obstacles.

Well, for an 11 year old.

"So the Titans broke through Wall Maria?" My brother, Kaden, asked. He's got the same brown hair as mine, but with brown eyes instead of my dark blue ones.

"Its only a rumor, they probably haven't and someone just wanted to stir up some trouble." My father replied to him.

"But what if they did?"

"They would evacuate of course. I'm sure everything would be under control."

Kaden only sighed, going back to eating his dinner. "Sheesh, Lynn, what's with you? You've been poking at your food this whole time."

"It's nothing." I replied.

"It doesn't look like nothing. If you're worried about those Titans; don't be. They won't get us here." He told me, assuming I was scared of getting eaten.

"That's not it." I took another deep breath. "I'm going to join the Trainees Squad next year."

"Excuse me?!"

"No you aren't!" My brother and father both yelled at me, slamming their hands on the table.

"And why not? I could be useful."

"Could be useful. Maybe, maybe not. I don't want you taking that risk." My dad told me, trying to stay calm. "Unless if you're going to join the Military Police; you're staying here."

"I'm gonna join the Survey Corps."

"Do you have a death wish?? Don't you understand how many soldiers die because of going outside the Walls?!" Kaden shouted, obviously not trying to stay calm.

"Then I'll be one of the few that don't die." I said, going back to poking my food, which I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"How can you be so positive that you'd live? Hm?"

"I'm not positive, but--"

"No. You're not going to train. That's final." My father said, taking a sip of his water.

"Nothing you two say is gonna stop me..." I mumbled, slouching into my seat and crossed my arms.

"Lynn, please, we just don't wanna lose anyone else."

"I'll have a better chance of surviving if I actually fight."

"No, you'd have a better chance of surviving if you joined the Military Police."

I sighed, trying to keep my cool...but failing. "Fine, whatever. I'll stay here and wait for those Titans to break through and eat me while I have no chance!" I got up and stormed to my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

"Don't worry, in a year, she'll change her mind. She's only 11...she doesn't know what she's talking about." I heard my brother say.

I flopped onto my bed face first, telling myself that I'll be fine. I'll help humanity. I'll live.

I'll make sure it's the greatest decision I've ever made, up until the end.

~~~

A/N: prepare yourself for a story I didn't plan out at all oh my god Kitteh made me do it this is gonna be shit