48- Everybody Hurts.

MATT'S POV:

EARLY MONDAY MORNING

IN SCHOOL.

                                                            It's been two days since I last spoke to Bailey. When she told me that she didn't want me to approach her ever again, I hoped that she didn't completely mean it. I had been at conflict with myself about whether I should accept her request and give up even though I was hopelessly in love with her, or if I should keep trying and help her realise that I am not the villain she thinks I am.

                                                           I decided on the latter. I wasn't going to let this relationship crumble before it had even begun. I wasn't going to let go of Bailey.

                                                          I had spoken to Amber the previous day. She had told me that Bailey was pretty shaken up because of what had happened between us. I felt bad because of the pain she was going through, but there was a small flare of hope that I could still save us. 

                                                         That was before Amber gave me a earful for being careless about whom I entrusted my things to. Gemma, whom I hadn't spoken to in a while, joined in, asking me if I was allowed to hand my things to juniors, or if my juniors were allowed to roam around wearing my things. 

                                                          When I spoke to Jonah about this, he mentioned that some people had seen Zachery wearing my old shoes around school. "Why didn't you tell me this?" I had asked Jonah. "Because he said you gave it to him. You usually give away stuff that doesn't fit you to juniors so I didn't think it was a big deal!" Jonah had replied. I felt weirded out and decided that I needed to have a small chat with Zachery.

                                                         The school was empty, except for the basketball team in the gym and some athletes practising on the ground outside. I went into the locker room and looked around. Zachery did not seem to be there. I went upto his friends. 

                                                        "Good morning fellas. Where's Zachery?" I asked. "He's not here yet. He's probably on his way." One of his friends piped up. "Okay. I need you to open his locker for me." I said and his friends looked a little alarmed. "W-Why? I mean, we don't know his combination." One of them said. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. 

                                                        I put my arm around that boy and held him by the scruff of his t-shirt. "Look, I'm having one of the worst weeks of my life and I think your friend has a lot to do with everything that's gone wrong. So open his locker for me, or I'll break it down." I said clearly. My patience was wearing thin.

                                                        I let go of the boy, who was trembling a little, and he immediately walked up to the locker and opened it. I went to inspect it, and found just what I had expected. 

                                                        Over the past few months, everyone from the starting line up had been reporting missing articles. Rob would keep losing his signature headbands, I would have old but treasured things (like my old lucky shoes) go missing, even Jonah 'misplaced' an authentic NBA hoodie that his parents had paid a lot for. We had always lodged a complaint, but nothing was ever found. Until now.