Read My Lips: Epilogue

Epilogue

After the charity ball that night, it didn’t take much to convince Amber to move to the ranch with Linc.  She put up a small fight, just to see what he’d do to override her.  It had been very, very satisfying to relent.  But of course, with two people such as Amber and Lincoln, there was some compromise, living together.  Amber made sure he ate a decent meal at least once a day, and Linc made sure there was lots of syrup in the pantry and shampoo in the bathroom...and new locks on all the outside doors.  Just in case family chose to stop by unannounced.

Amber discovered the significance to the blue quilt that had once covered Linc’s bed, so she tossed it in the attic.  And Linc “accidentally” backed into Amber’s green roller skate with his truck, mangling the whole front half of it, and tried really hard not to smile when he apologized.

Amber went out and bought another roller skate -- this one hot pink.  Linc gave up.

They were married three months later, pregnant by the following Christmas  -- a girl they named Rose, and then pregnant again -- another girl they named Violet -- within six months of having their first child.  Amber worked throughout both her pregnancies, and Linc had a conniption when he couldn’t convince her to take maternity leave.  But Linc soon discovered that with having three females in his household, it was wiser to shut up sometimes and go cuss it out in the barn.  Egaeus understood completely.

Chloe gave Linc the benefit of a doubt and accepted him as Amber’s choice, but she still claimed he was too old for her sister, until the summer when her son, Nate, turned six and walked into the street, straight into the path of an oncoming car.  Linc had been the one to race after him, saving the boy from certain death.  Chloe never said another negative word about Lincoln Martin ever again.

Raven Rose birthed her babies without any more complications, and Amber convinced Linc to let her keep them.  Raven Rose became Amber’s horse, and her twin foals were reared and trained for the girls, who both took to riding like pros.  Linc had heart palpitations every time his three beautiful ladies climbed in the saddle.  But again, he kept his mouth shut.

One thing he never shut up about was how much he loved them all.  He told them all the time, and Amber actually wanted to smother him with a pillow sometimes...not really, but he was saying it in his sleep now, mumbling it against her neck  as his body moved on its own accord, seeking out things to love on, and waking her up with the nuzzling, and the only way she could get him to stop was to wake him, make love to him until he passed out again, and then get some sleep herself.

Not that she was complaining, of course.

And Lucy and Brian...well, their story got “a little bit crazy.”

The End...sort of.

*******************

All stories in this series here on Wattpad:

Michael and Emma:  Friends and Lovers Series #1 (Emma's story.)

Drink From Me:  Friends and Lovers Series #2 (Eve's story.)

Take the Risk:  Friends and Lovers Series #3 (Sage's story.)

Autumn Storms:  Friends and Lovers Series #4 (Sally's story.)

Read My Lips:  Friends and Lovers Series #5 (Linc's story.)