A Different Life

Chapter 1- A New Beginning

                I walked out of the shower after running a mile up north to see if there was any good food on the way. “Hey hotty” said Marshal my older adopted brother as I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body.

                “Ha Ha,” I said unenthusiastically pushing him into the corner of the wall, shaking the whole house “Whoops” I said with a smile as I walked into my room.

                “Yeah right, you know you want me” Laughed Marshal.

                “Again, as I say everyday YOU WISH!!!” I shouted out of my room. I pulled on my usual timing myself; Black jean shorts a yellow tank top and my Nike high tops. I wrapped the towel around my head and started walking out of my room, when I heard.

                “15 seconds” and a hysterical booming laugh come from down the hall.

                “Oh, shut it Lain” I said with a slight laugh. So if you haven’t figured it out already I am a vampire/ bird kid thing I guess you could say, I live in a house filled with vampires, my three adopted brothers Marshal, Nate, and Lain, my three adopted sisters Kelsey, Jamie, and Natalia, then there are my adopted parents Edward and Beth. That’s about it for our family. Out of all nine of us I’m the only one who is part bird kid, which only means that I can fly. Oh, before I forget my name is Blair.

                “Are you guys ready for school?” Yelled Edward throughout the house, we all screamed ‘yes’ and ran down stairs, I don’t see why we are yelling if we just whisper we can hear each other. Oh so today is our first day at our new school, but I hope nobody will recognize us. Another thing is that Kelsey and Marshal are husband and wife, but for the out world they are brother and sister, then there is Jamie and Lain they are also husband and wife but pretend to be cousins, and Natalia and Nate, they are the cutest two I think personally one reason is because Natalia and I have always been really close in comparison to the rest, like Jamie hates me, and I have no idea why, oh well I guess right? Then Kelsey is very quite I guess she is just trying to focus. The guys and I all get along, I kick their butts though and they get sad, Ha Ha. Oh and some of us have powers I guess you could call them, but Natalia can read minds, Nate can change what someone is thinking about, except the families, then Jamie is extremely beautiful, but I guess that’s not a power, Kelsey can control peoples moods, then there is me, well I can do everything they can do, and I am stronger than all of them, I can make myself look more human than they can because by touching someone doesn’t matter what species, I can adapt their features, for example say I wanted green eyes, then I would have to touch someone who has green eyes and I would adapt that feature, and I don’t have a scent, oh and I can escape from my body and take over other people, and last but not least I can take and give other people different powers. I’m also the only one out of our ‘family’ that doesn’t have a mate, so I believe I’m a loner. It sucks.

                We entered the school together and walked to the office looking at the faces of everyone staring at us, all I can think is ‘yeah, keep looking I know were gorgeous’ then I heard a small laugh from Natalia to quite for any human ears to hear, I just laughed along with her. “Ms. Cadel?”