My Thoughts on Religion

I've been thinking a lot about this lately and figured I'd write something about it. It won't be very long let me assure you, its just me rambling on about what bugs me :P

_________________________________________________________________________

When people ask me if I'm religious I always say no. Because the truth is I'm not at all religious. A religion is a set of rules to me. Sure, there are religious aspects to the way I live but just because I am a Christian and believe in Jesus doesnt make me a religious person. I have faith, and I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, yes. But anyone can say they're religious.

If you believe that your religion is correct, then why categorize it the same as every other belief in the world? it just doent seem right to me.

Another thing is I've been thinking about is how people can always say theyre religious, but then they smoke weed and go to parties and do other things that they shouldn't be doing. They aren't living for Christ at all, in fact it sounds more like Satanism (and no, satanism isnt worshipping the devil and weird rituals, its worshipping yourself and doing things that pleasure yourself rather than doing things that glorify God).

However, a lot of non-believers don't understand the concept of this and when you are in the midst of telling them you aren't religious make sure you provide an explanation of why you aren't religious, but instead you are a believer.