Love is Meaningless? Chapter 4

---------------------

This is a short Author's Note on my semi-hiatus. School has been rather hectic these days and I can barely keep up with the school assignments let alone balance between updating the story on a weekly basis and socializing outside of social networks. 

By the way, my English Teacher found out about this story thanks to a certain someone. And, I've also taken a few requests on being the Editor for several stories!

I'm eating a cheese breadstick while writing this.

---------------------

"Why didn't you mention anything about Ashton before? He's such a sweetheart!" Lauren said in glee, her face was bright pink, looking as if she's about to suffer a stroke from being too exicted.

"A few months ago, I told you that a senior from the Science major came to borrow some notes, didn't I?" I asked her, glancing up from my notes. She was nodded slowly, eyeing me suspiciously. 

"That was...Ashton." I mumbled guiltily as Lauren's jaw dropped open. 

"No wonder he was so familiar! You could've told me earlier! I really wanted to meet him sooner!" she said, throwing herself on the bed, squealing.

"Lauren..." I cooed. "This is exactly why I do not want you two to meet each other." I gestured to her apparently overly gleeful expression. My sister's smile was abnormally wide.

"What?" Lauren cocked her head to the side, wearing a confused expression. "Anyways, why aren't you guys dating yet? I wouldn't say you're his type, because I don't think you can even considered a type but he seems friendly towards you, that's a good sign." she spatted without taking a breath. 

I rolled my eyes and turned my back to Lauren as I unlocked my phone, only to be welcomed with a text from Ashton Davidson himself. My sister threw herself on me eagerly as soon as the notification ringtone rang.

You promised to help out in the library, come tomorrow. And bring Lauren along because she's fun!

"He said I'm fun!" Lauren squealed, jumping up and down.

"Sister dearest, need I remind you that you have a loving boyfriend?" I told her as she sighed in devastation. "And you're causing an earthquake, so please stop jumping."

"Did you just call me fat, Vanessa?!" she immediately stopped as I laughed. "So, are you guys going to start dating?" she laid back down on the bed.

"Lauren, I'm not going to date Davidson. Being in a relationship is troublesome and it'll probably affect my academics achievement. I can barely keep up with the courses now, let alone do something unnecessary. And why are you two on first name basis?" I reasoned. 

Lauren shook her head at much dismay as she pointed a perfectly manicured finger at me. "Vanessa, how many times are we going to go through the same lecture? I've told you that dating isn't a bad thing. It's not unnecessary, do you want to spend the rest of your life as a cat lady?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I'm allergic to cats, so I'd rather be a dog lady instead. Speaking of which, I should probably google on how to become one." I retorted sarcastically while tapping away on my phone.

Lauren rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through her silky blonde hair.

"Are you going?" she asked.

"Nope." I replied, popping the 'P'

"WHY!? YOU HAVE TO GO!" 

"I think I have civil rights to decide whether or not I would like to go, sister."