viii | epilogue

VIII

E P I L O G U E

"Life's like a box of chocolate,
you never know what you'll get."

- Forrest Gump

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WE WERE ALL SEATED on the couch at the headquarters. All of us were silent and. However, the same question lied in our head.

"Are you willing to serve the Eye?"

Dylan asked us that question the night before. The night that changed our lives. We all had our phones ready in our hands to click either one of those words.

Yes / No

I glanced down at them. A frown made it's way to my lips. Things had gone badly this past year. We were like a family but sadly, it was not complete. It was as if someone was blocking their way and I knew who was. Me. I've never felt being a part of this family. All we did was shout things at each other endlessly. I felt no love in that. I sucked my cheeks in. I had a perfect life before. Not a chaotic one and with my only family, Marc and Theo.

I looked up to see my fellow colleagues who seemed like they've chosen their decision and all their eyes were on me. I bit the insides of my cheek, hesitating but then, if I chose the wrong choice, that would be lying. I sighed and pressed my choice. A ding chimed everyone's phone. Some faces lit up and a laugh escaped their lips.

Thank You for your services to the Eye. You have made a huge sacrifice to join us this past year. We bid you goodbye and good luck in the future. If you changed your mind, you know where to find us.

- Services of the Eye.

I frowned in my seat. I looked up to see the other Horsemen gathered together in a group hug, happy that they were all staying. Little did they know that I wasn't. They looked more like a family without me. They looked... whole.

I quietly stood up from my seat and slipped a white envelop on the table. I sighed. Memories of our adventure flashed through my mind. I will miss this family. I walked towards the door, gingerly opened it and looked at a new chapter of my life unfolding before my very own eyes.

▂▂▂▂▂FIN▂▂▂▂▂

A/N

And that's a wrap! Thank you guys so much for your endless support through out this whole story! Sorry I had to speed things up a little due to my lost of source. This is my 2nd completed story and it has been an unforgettable experience.

I'm sorry to say there will be no sequel because I've been writing fanfics throughout my years in Wattpad and I've decided for a change. I had originally wanted a sequel and I've written the first part so there's a possibility of a one-shot spin-off! So please, stay in touch. Do not take this out of your library.

I say again, Thank you so much! Please also check out my journey through novellas, chicklits and teen-fiction in my story Russian Roulette!

Much love always,

-magellan xx