Chapter Three

“Hello Gavin.” Reid muttered to the other guy with a sniff and continued on,

“What time did you get in last night?”

“My flight was delayed. I came in 12 midnight. How about the rest of the guys? Have you seen them?” inquired Gavin looking around the room and landed his gaze on the girl on the treadmill.

Gavin could not quite see her face but he had a good view of her well-equipped body from behind. She had curves in the right places. He hoped the front view was as good as the back view from where he was standing.

Reid noticed Gavin’s intent gaze on the girl on the treadmill. He felt something strange from within as he observed how Gavin was looking at her. He could not quite acknowledge what the feeling really was but he knew it was not usual of him to be affected this way. He dismissed the feeling and answered Gavin’s question in fact.

“I talked to Victor last night. He said he would just meet us at the hotel lobby at eight o’clock for breakfast. I have not heard from Zack yet. Probably he’s…” his voice trailed off as he heard Gavin sucked in his breath, looking curiously now at the girl as she alighted herself from the treadmill. Reid mesmerized by how gracefully she moved as she toweled herself dry, forgetting the rest of his sentence.

“Wow!” muttered Gavin as he finally concluded that the front view of the girl was as good as or even better for that matter than the back view that he had glimpsed on a while ago.

The two of them just stood there looking mesmerized at the sight of the girl who was busy toweling herself dry. She removed the clip from her hair, which fell down as she shook her head. It was as if everything was in slow motion. She clipped back her hair and hurriedly gathered her things up. She must have noticed the way they were looking at her when she suddenly looked up and regarded their stare with equal intent.

Reid, suddenly turned shy, as if guilty of committing a crime, looked down and pretended to be searching for something inside his bag. He looked up at the sound of the chime when he saw the girl pushed back the door as she got out of the gym.

“God, thought about being sophisticated enough not to stare openly at a girl. I felt like I was staring at her like a diehard fan, ready to adore her. Snap out of it. You have no time for romance, remember? Quit while you’re ahead.” Reid scolded himself silently. “But you have to admit, the girl looks divine. I haven’t seen a girl with such faultlessness. I wonder if the attitude matches her physical looks. I doubt it.” He said to himself shaking his head.

“Man, did you see that girl? She is perfect and it’s obvious that she doesn’t know who we are. Isn’t that great? When I’d see her again, I’d probably introduce myself to her.” Gavin said smilingly not noticing the frown on Reid’s face.

“You wouldn’t know that. Sometimes, actually most of the time, looks can be deceiving. For all you know, she’s recognized us and is just playing hard to get.” Reid muttered sarcastically.

“Hey, show business has turned you into a stone. Lighten up, man! It’s not fair to judge people right away.” Gavin punched him jokingly.

“Yeah, whatever.” he muffled back to Gavin, obviously not believing a word he said.

He continued with his weight lifting, erasing the thought of the girl who just disturbed him like no other girl had.

“Say, what time are we meeting them?” inquired Gavin as he started lifting weights himself.

‘Eight o’clock.” Reid said as he checked his watch.

It was already 7 o’clock. He had an hour to finish his workout and shower before meeting the rest of the guys.

“I have wasted enough time observing that girl.” Shaking his head while staring distantly. As much as he’d want to forget the girl, she seemed to be occupying his thoughts once more. He was oblivious to the funny look Gavin was giving him.

“Earth to you.” Gavin said throwing Reid the towel.