26

I sat down on Barry's chair in his lab while the quiet raindrops hit the window. I was waiting for him to come back. Joe was blowing up his phone about three robberies tonight. So, I was sitting at his desk while he zipped around the city catching bad guys. 

Eventually, he walked in with a big joyous smile on his lips and I placed my book down on his desk. He looked down at me with a shocked look, but happy nonetheless. 

"You've been busy." I chuckled as I stood up.

"Yeah, it was like every criminal in the city was going rogue. But, I stopped them." He proudly said. I smiled and looked around, breathing in.

"Well, are you ready for take-out and movies?" I asked, grabbing my purse and placing it over my shoulder.

"Always." He scoffed, holding out his arm. I smiled and started to walk toward the exit of his lab while his arm lazily draped over his shoulder.

After take-out and a movie, we both fell asleep on my couch, and in the morning, I smelled a delicious breakfast and coffee around my house. I carefully sat up, rubbing my eyes from their tired state, and looked into the kitchen. Barry was dancing and singing to himself as he flipped a pancake on my pan.

I smiled and stood from the couch and walked toward the kitchen while he was busy trying to find something in the fridge. Barry's been spending more time here and getting more comfortable. I'm not complaining, I've been getting more comfortable too. He always seems to wake me up with a nice breakfast, or coffee. But this time he's making it, which was different.

"Well, well, well when did I give you permission to use my pan?" I questioned, making him jump from the fridge and look at me with a shocked look.

"Why are you awake? You ruined the surprise." He spoke with a grin on his lips. I smiled and crossed my arms to try and cover them from the cold air that blew on my skin. I walked over to the counter where he placed the last pancake on a large stack.

"It smells great. But..." I looked over at the large mess that devoured my kitchen and before I knew it, it was gone and there was a gust of wind. I looked over at Barry and saw he was sighing and wiping his hands on a napkin. "Did you just--"

"Yep, now eat up. I've got to get to work in less than ten minutes." He said, grabbing his plate and sitting down at my table that I haven't used. I followed him with a plate that he made for me and some coffee. 

"You didn't have to make all of this." I chuckled as I took a bite from my food. He shrugged and filled his mouth with pancakes that were soaked in syrup.

"I know, but you deserve something nice every once in a while." He expressed, looking up at me with an adorable smile. 

I smiled back, appreciating the work he put into this nice breakfast. Making me breakfast isn't even remotely close to all of the amazing things that Barry does for me. I'm getting comfortable with having him around, which is a good and bad thing. For all I know, he could leave me tomorrow. He could die today fighting some metahuman. 

His phone vibrated in his pocket, pulling me from my terrible thought as he hummed. He looked down at his phone, reading the message that was probably from Joe or Singh telling him to get down to wherever he needed to be.

"Hey, I've got to get to work." He slowly rose from his seat, using his speed to scarf down all of the food he prepared himself. I watched with careful eyes as he ate in a blur. He finished and walked over to me, planting a sugary kiss on my lips. 

"Thank you for breakfast." I managed to say as he walked toward the front door.

"You're welcome. I'll call you." He said, smiling back at me in his adorable rushed dork manner. I smiled at him as I clung to my chair.