Chapter 20 - Separation

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - Kahlil Gibran

Itachi got up from the bed, carefully to not wake up his loved one. It was already dark outside, probably around three in the morning but it didn't matter. He had to be early there, Sasuke was on his way for sure. He watched her sleeping pacefully knowing with pain in his chest that is the last time when he will ever see her. Maybe another ocassion will be in the afterlife but he doubted. She is a pure soul, they won't go in the same place. For the first time after the massacre, he tried his best not to cry. He bit his lower lip. His mind told him to go but his heart begged him to stay. This is perhaps the hardest decision of his life.

She sensed someone watching her and opened her eyes scared. She calmed her breath after her eyes landed on Itachi.

"What are you doing?" she asked in her sleepy voice.

"I can't sleep. Just go back to sleep, you must be exhausted." he responded trying so hard to hide his emotions.

"You are going after Sasuke, aren't you?" she asked with tears in her eyes. His eyes widened. He knew that she was smart but never expected her to guess.

"How do y-"

"I had a nightmare about it." she cut him. "Please, don't go." she begged him, her voice breaking. She looked into his eyes with her puppy eyes full of tears. She knew that she looked weak but she didn't care.

She got up as well.

"Please, if you stay I promise to make you happy, I promise to give you everything and make you forget about your guilt. I'll fill your emptiness. Just... Don't break my heart. Not you too. I can't take another hit. I can't continue to be another empty shell." she fell on her knees, her head down and her tears hitting the floor. She was broken once again.

"Sakura..." he didn't know how to respond.

"Without you, I don't want to live anymore." she whispered while sobbing.

He helped her get up on her feet but her legs were trembling.

"You have to. You will find someone who-"

"Stop it. Just stop. Do you think I want someone else? Do you think that I can change my feelings just like that? I don't need anybody to pick up my broken pieces because I am yours, only yours." she screamed. Her vision was blurry because of the tears.

He cupped her face and slammed his lips against hers in a hungry kiss.

***

He lifted her in the air, pressing her back to the wall. She wrapped her long legs around his waist and used her hands to pull his face closer to hers. He was pressed so hard against her that her breasts hurt but she didn't care. He bit, sucked and licked her lower lip asking for entrance which she allowed. Their tongues were caught in a war with sloppy moves. She could feel his hard member against her already wet and heated womanhood. He groaned into the kiss.

She moved her hands to his toned chest and abs exploring every inch of his skin, her fingertips pressing on certain spots.

Itachi turned around and threw her on the bed, getting on top of her. He started kissing her jawline as his hands worked on unzipping her shirt. She threw her head back in pleasure, pink locks spreading all over the black pillow. He threw her shirt somewhere on the floor leaving her small breasts exposed. She wasn't wearing any bra and he felt the monster from his pants trying to escape from the chains. Step by step, he thought. He wanted to enjoy the view and every second of pleasure that he could get. He traced wet lines with his tongue down her neck and collarbones, bitting the pale and sensitive skin here and there leaving hickeys. He could feel her burning skin and her lust against him. She grabbed onto his strong arms, her long nails digging into his skin. This gesture made a groan escape his throat. He returned to her lips, kissing her hungrily like he couldn't get enough of her. She untied his ponytail, letting his hair fall around their faces like a curtain which protected them from the outside world. He started licking the skin between her breasts earning aome loud moans from her.