Prologue

Taking another sip of my beer I look at my boyfriend Adam. Man I was lucky to have him! He was sweet, caring, and cute. We never fought, and always been positive towards each other. 

  "Babe?"  

"Yea? I said putting my drink down.

  "I was thinking about bringing you to this carnival thing on tuesday, bring about 20 dollars, k?"  

"Yea, sure but im broke s-" I stopped, because I heard the door open. My dad was home. I quickly took the beers in my hand and hid the empty bottles behind my back, at this point I was clueless.  

"Hey Sweetie"  

"Hi Dad"  

"Hello Mr.Feilds"  

"I'll be in my study room if you guys need me..Wheres your sister, Brooke?"  

"Upstairs Dad, Now Shoo" I said making the signal for him to leave. I watched my dad go down the stairs to his study room and after 15 minutes of making out, I pulled away.  

"I should ask my dad about the 20 dollars right?"  

"Yea.." I went downstairs to my dads messy office. It was really messy. Papers, pens, computers, chargers. You name it, it was there, and it was scattered everywhere. 

  I ran my hands through my dirty blonde hair so I look good. I saw him typing on his old fashion computer. Next year I'm totally buying him a better computer. I rested my arm on his shoulder to let him know he should stop being stressed and take a break. My dad's a cop and for some reason he has a lot more work than I thought he would.  

"Dad can I borrow some money?"  

"How much?" he said turning away from his computer.

  "20 dollars, please"

  "Sure but you owe me some father and daughter time" he said with a chuckle.  

"Got it" He reached in his pocket pulled out 2 dollars and a 20. I went to grab it, but as I did he stopped me by tugging on my hollister sweater and told me to take his police gun upstairs to his work drawer.  

"Sure." I stuffed the money in my pocket and made my way through the kitchen, Where I heard side conversation coming from the opposite room  

"Haha, your cute yourself" Then I heard some kissing noises. I took some steps back to get a better look.  

"Yea, your nothing like your sister." It was my boyfriend Adam and my sister Brook making out on the couch!  

"Oh fuck no!" I yelled throwing up my hands as I held the gun. They jumped up, Brook clutching her chest in suprise and Adam almost hopping out his seat.  

"Brook!, what the fuck is going on here?" Still holding the gun.My sister can't have this one. He is the only boy who cared for me. No fair!  

"Hailey put that down before you hurt someone" Brook started to plead  

"No Your fucking always telling me what to do, and always getting what you want! I state still holding the gun.  

"Hailey, listen to your sister, put it down! That's a weapon!"   I ignore them still going on, letting my anger out. Still holding the gun flinging it around like it wasn't there. My father came running, but it was too late.   Then gun was shot, a bullet leaving that barrel.