Chapter 5

Meanwhile, for Lynn...

___________________

Unlike Claire and co., who were celebrating like infuriatingly cute party animals, Lynn simply got comfortable in a darkish alley that reeked of dead fish. After all, it was right behind a fish market. But that wasn't what mattered. The poor thing hid between two dustbins, in a successful attempt to not be seen by passers-by. Dramatically yet discreetly, she lamented her nefarious actions and pondered them.

"What led me to do this?" she silently said. Thoughts paced through her mind at ludicrous speed. For each one of these thoughts, a chubby (because "fat" is a pejorative word) teardrop rolled down her make-up-coated face. And for each overweight teardrop, more and more of the acne she carefully disguised was being revealed.

Soon, her eyes became puffy and red. After little more than 40 minutes of pondering, Claire made the decision to get up and fix everything.

"I can do it, I can do it." she thought, as she scuttled along the pavement. All could've been considered normal if it weren't for one teeny accident. An accident which proves why you shouldn't keep your head down while walking. Clumsily, the guilty hacker bumped into a lamp-post with overwhelming speed. Despite having a hard skull, she blacked out.

Surprisingly, her recovery did not take too long. In compensation, it was embarassing, as the whole street had seen her, meaning she was the centre of attention for a while. Now, for a shy, pink-haired girl with slightly long and over-the-top fake nails, being noticed is something terrible.

Like a normal shy person, Lynn got up in a flash when confronted with such a situation, pretending she was fine. Steadily, she counted her own footsteps as she got closer to the HQ (aka: her home) and how long she had to carry out a newly-hatched plan. Even if it meant working at Starbucks or manicuring Justin Bieber's nails, she would fix it.

"Screw the boss. I'm playing by my own rules." she thought as she kicked a Coca-Cola can aside. "Yeah." she quietly muttered, hoping nobody had heard it. Wattpad had better prepare itself. Not long after, Lynn swallowed in her anxiety and finally made the decision to revert her damage. Getting rid of the not-so-nice messages where stories should've been, reverting the pink logo to its original orange hue, and other things which would be too time-wasting to list.

And last of all, Twig of Doooooom's account was closed. At last, the peace of the website was restored. Now, Lynn predicted that BoD too would disappear into the abyss that is account deletion.

To top it all off, the pink-haired hacker cancelled her broadband, let her hair grow into its natural colour, got a job and that sort of stuff. As the story of the hacking of Wattpad comes to an end, dear reader, the characters of the story bid you a humble farewell until God-knows-when.

___________

A/N: It's been so long since I last updated. :/ I feel like such a bad writer now. Oh, wait...