Part IV: I am that I am

Last we heard, EBH conceded that he was bound to the surface of a rock; a rock floating, spinning, orbiting a brilliant, life sustaining Sun.  He further conceded his rock was not the only one of its kind,  for every night, he could gaze upon an endless void, speckled with other rocks just like his.

EBH also accepted that this rock offered just about everything he could conceivably need or want to survive. Veggies, of every variety and texture, sweet fruits dangling from trees, bundled on vines, red meats to simmer, roast, or dry, tender pork and succulent feathered birds, many laying protein rich eggs. And that was only on the ground.

The vast oceans and wide, flowing rivers were teaming with finned fish of countless variations, beds of bivalve molluscs, shellfish, octopus, squid, all nourishing, strengthening.

In addition, his rock provided all the clean fresh water he could drink, all the lumber needed for his shelters, the thatch for his roofs.

The female EBH had proven herself an intellectual equal, confidently and skillfully assuming critical leadership roles, establishing herself as a strong business proprietor, as well as being the ideal, graceful social companion.

The female had in fact, in many instances, presented as more aggressive and forward, in many aspects of life, than her male counterpart, including, but certainly not limited to the sexual realm.

As the bearer of EBH children, as the mother of the species, she was  honored for her fertility, and more importantly, as the true and only source of lineage, of heritage.

Together, the female and male EBH would carry the responsibility to nurture and educate the children, whether biologically theirs or not, as a team, properly preparing each child to succeed them as hard working, conscientious, productive and responsible members of the tribe.

EBH was in communication with other tribes, near and far, trading goods, sharing ideas, sharing discoveries and new, time saving techniques. He was engaging in cooperative projects, like irrigation systems and road construction, so that the lives of all EBHs could improve.

The surface of his rock, his landscape was changing. Small tribal villages were growing, and more importantly, prospering.

Life on the rock was good. But still, at the end of the day, when the sky went black, when those other rocks lit up the endless void, the nagging question filled his mind.

But now, with his impressive list of accomplishments, with his ever developing communicative skills, with emerging sophistication, he had to put the question to rest. School children were asking, and academics were pressing: How could there not be an answer? How could he still not know the answer?

And so, once again, as if somehow all linked by some subconscious encoded bond on a timer of sorts, EBH answered the question once and for all.

But, before we learn how EBH arrives at his answer, let's go back to the EBH conscience for a second; that mysterious conscious that is as unique as finger prints; no two the same. That  magical mystical conscious nobody knows squat about, and nobody ever will.

About the only verifiable aspect regarding this phenomenal human attribute comes not from psychiatrist or psychologist and their infamous couches, rather obstetricians in joint studies with neonatal neurologists.
Sighting multiple cases, these specialist in the yet to be born confidently state that a developing fetus within the woumb is processing external data.

Considering this, it must be acknowledged, the conscious, which identifies each and every EBH as a thinking, feeling, living human being is active and absorbing stimulation, knowledge, possibly from conception.