Chapter Two

[ Hi guys! Thanks for continuing to read :) enjoy! ]

The rest of the day is just as I thought it would be- I introduced myself a thousand times and corrected how to say my name. Curse you, Mom, for spelling my name weird.

It's finally lunch time so I make my way to the Cafeteria to find Travis. So far, we've only had one class together. Nick, on the other hand.. we have two.

"Mady, over here!" I hear Travis call. I spot him at one of the lunch tables, waving his arms like an idiot. I walk to the table and sit in the empty seat next to him.

"Okay, Mady- this is Gwen and this is Wade." I give them both a smile. Gwen is the first to say something.

"So, like, where did you come from?" She asks, resting her elbows on the table and folding her arms. Gwen has long, straight, bleach blonde hair that compliments her blue eyes. She seems like the type to run the debate club and the cheerleading squad all at once.

"Uh, Westfield High School." I reply. Wade looks up, food still in his mouth.

"Dude," he chokes. "I have a friend that went there!" I smile at him and he continues eating his five servings of whatever mush we're having for lunch. He's certainly built big. Probably a football player.

"So, how are the sports here?" I ask Gwen.

"We have football, which Wade and Travis play, and lacrosse, soccer, all that good stuff." Gwen says to me with a smile. "I cheer."

Well, there goes that assumption.

Travis nudges me with his elbow.

"Soccer try-outs are tomorrow," he says.

"How did you know I wanted to try out for soccer?" I question.

"Your legs." he states. "Girls with legs that toned only play one sport- soccer."

I was impressed with Travis for his correct observations. I do have really toned legs, that I worked really hard for back at soccer camp. My phone vibrates. I pull it out of my pocket.

'just because you're at a new school doesn't mean you're free from me..'

I shove my phone back in my pocket quickly. I had been receiving text messages from a blocked number ever since my, now ex-boyfriend, and I broke up back at Westfield. I didn't know whether it was jealous girls or not at first.. but now they've become more personal. Almost like they're from him. Which is impossible.

"Hey, Mady," Travis interrupts my thoughts. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I nod my head at him and smile. I can't think about this now. I have to focus on soccer.

A loud, chaotic roar erupts in the lunchroom. Everyone stands on the tables and chairs; teachers run over to yell at them.

"What do you mean we're over?" I see the same girl I saw this morning with her boobs hanging out say. She's yelling at...

"I said, you're annoying. I'm done with you." Nick says.

The girl stands up from her chair and tries to lunge at him like a tiger. One of her friends holds her back.

"It's not worth it, Amy! Don't!" she yells. Nick gets up and walks out of the cafeteria.

What an interesting first day of school.

~~~

When I get home, I see a box on the counter tied with a big bow and a note. Derrick is out applying for his college classes now, and Mom won't be back from work until late. I drop my things on the floor and read the note.

'Mady- I hope this inspires you to take up soccer again! Love, Mom'

I tear open the box and it's just what I thought it was- a new soccer ball. I run upstairs to change and decide on my old uniform. The green and gold always went well together. I dig through my room and find my favorite pair of cleats.

The one perk to this move is the huge backyard. It's the perfect space for me to practice soccer. I toss the ball on the ground and give it a good kick against the side of our brick house. It bounces back, and I head-butt the ball to the goal- which I created out of our garbage can. It flies directly into the can.

"Goal!" I yell to no one but myself. My adrenaline spikes and I remember why I love soccer so much. I spend the next hour kicking the ball around and practicing for tomorrow's try-outs. I'm determined to make captain again.

[ SO?? What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated! I always feel like I develop the plot too quickly when I write... but anyways, do any of you guys play soccer? I don't- I'm not really sure why I wanted to make Mady play a sport haha. And to those of you wondering, Mady's full name, Madelyne, is not pronounced like Madeline. It's pronounced "Maddi-LYNN", not "Maddi-LINE". Her nickname is simply pronounced "MADDIE". Thanks for reading ;) ]