I'm A King, Merlin!

-Shut up Merlin!

-I will not!

-Are you challenging your king?

-Wow your ass can be royal but you're not a king! Your words!

Arthur trew away his clothes, irritated with Merlin and everything around him. Even Emrys, the dog, received a different treatment that day. Merlin suggested that morning that Arthur needed to find a job, it had been almost a month since his returned and if he wanted to have a normal life he needed to do the same thing that normal people does.
The day before Merlin told Arthur he had find a work on a nursing home. Arthur laughed when he told him. "Wasn't supposed you be the greatest sorcerer? A nursing home? So, you play with old people?" and Merlin left home without a word. Arthur was becoming more Arthur, the King, cocky and an ass, in another words, the guy who said he wasn't a king but a normal person in a new world dissappeared.

-I was a king! What I'm suppose to do? Work with you? Teaching old people how to fight with a sword?

-I'm sure there is a job that you can do. You were good with people who needed you so... Social assistente? Or maybe... a policeman! They exist to protect people. You are good doing that! I'm sorry if you woke up some hundreds years later and now you're not rich and you need to live with me in this small house that is smaller that your old room but it's my life, our life, Arthur. Together, no matter what.

Arthur started feeling shame for what he said. He tried to be strong like he wasn't really still confused with everything but now the world was so much bigger than him.
He touched Merlin's hand and gave him a smile.

-Together, no matter what.

*some weeks later*

Arthur found a work on a bookstore where he could read all the books about the legend of King Arthur, all of them with different theories what made him laugh, others with weird stories like Mordred being his son with Morgana. He found that disgusting.
Merlin was still working on a nursing home and taking medicine classes at night. "You're gonna be a great doctor" Arthur said one night when both couldn't sleep. "I'm proud of you Merlin, I always was proud of you, you're gonna save people. I know living with me isn't easy..." "Don't be such a girl Arthur!" and both laughed until fall asleep.

Certain morning Merlin woke up late, he had a day off, and the table was prepared with all types of fruits, bread, cheese, meat and juice.

-What is this, Arthur?

-Food, Merlin. You deserve it. - And he give Merlin a kiss in his forehead - I'm being a prat and you are always so sweet with me, I wanted to surprise you.

Merlin smiled, sitting in his chair and eating a little of everything. Emrys was sleeping next to them, on the floor.

(sorry for the small chapter but I didn't wanted to spend one more day without posting, I hope you guys like my story, some feedback would be appreciated)