chapter 1 (picture of Shyloh)

Victor Creed crossed her mind many times throughout the years, but she was done crying over him. He had left her to chase after Logan and she had moved on. Her blue eyes stared back at her in the mirror. She runs her hands over the scars on her stomach. She could finally look at them without tears, it was with the same with the scars on her face. She closes her eyes, his face still etched in her mind. She missed his smile, the smile that said he was going to do something evil, she missed how his nails dug into her back when they made love and how tender he had held her when she had lost their baby. That was when the tears came, fast and hard. She sat on the edge of her bed, her head buried in her hands. She missed the life he had with Victor. It was a simple life, Victor had hunted food for them and she had taken a small job in town to pay for the house and for their clothes.  

She felt a hand on her shoulder, but didn't move. She knew it was her roommate Storm. Storm had found her one rainy night wondering the streets, lost and confused five years earlier and brought her to Xavier's school for the gifted. Storm had been the one to nurse her back to health and then convince her to stay and learn how to control her abilities. She had agreed hoping maybe the professor could help her locate Victor. Charles Xavier had told her he had been unable to locate Victor and she was giving up hope.  

"Shyloh?" Storm's voice was soft, and caring. She sat down on the bed next to Shyloh. Shyloh moved to rest her head against Storm. Storm holds her close.

"what's wring sweetie?" 

 "I started to think about Victor again" Shyloh managed to say between sobs. Storm was the only one who knew the whole story between Victor and Shyloh.  

 "I thought you had moved on" Storm sighed softly against Shyloh.  

"I thought I was too, but I still love him" Shyloh sat up and rubbed the tears out of her eyes. "I'll always love him, I think"  

"Maybe you could get help finding him" Storm shrugged not sure what to say.  

"I already talked to Tony and he said after Victor left me at the hospital, he dissappeared." Shyloh had dated Tony Stark for a while , but when it didn't work out they agreed to stay friends. "Nick Fury said that S.H.I.E.L.D. lost track of him at about the same time.   

Logan had showed up at the institute, Shyloh could confront him, demand to know where Victor was. She was much stronger then she was before, she could force it out of it if it came to that. Her powers were greater. Shyloh got out of bed and pulled on a bathrobe over her tank top and pajama pants. She ran to the top of the stairs that led down to the front door. There he was standing in the hall, by the front door, not looking a day older then when she last saw him. He looked at her, but didn't seem to recognize her at first. She ran down the stairs and slams her fists into his chest.

  "Where is he, Logan" She demanded, tears forming in her eyes as she slams her fist against his chest against. "Where is Victor?"

"I don't know" Logan grabbed her wrists as she went to hit him again. "I haven't seen him in a few years, but i'm telling you Shyloh, he's changed, he's not the man you used to know"  

"I don't believe you, where is her?" Shyloh shouted, tears streaming down her face.  

"He doesn't know" Professor Xavier's voice came from behind her.

"How am I suppose to find him now" She sat back on the stairs and buried her head. "you were my last connection to him"