Prologue (Hailey)

I saw Sophia drag Mason in and took that as my cue to ask Ella to switch tables with me. "Ellie, please."
"Why?" Ella was wiping her table down.

"Because I wanna see how embarrassed Han is after getting The Talk from Dad." I grinned at her.

"You can wait on them if I get some of the tip money." Ella pointed her cloth at me.

"Thank you!' I turned on my heel and walked to the table occupied by my twin and friends. "There you guys are! I had to trade the other waitress to be able to work this side of the diner."

I smiled at Mase but that faded as I tried to pretend to not know why my sister looked ready to die. "What? What happened?"
Hannah refused to say anything and no one else said anything, so I pulled my notebook out and started smiling because I have a terrible poker face. "Do I even want to know?"

"You knew!" Hannah nearly screamed. "And you didn't tell me?"

"Where would the fun be in that?" I smiled at her. "Anyway, y'all want the usual?"

"Y'all?" Mason grinned at me.

"No food for Mase." I muttered as I wrote their usual down.

"Yeah, he doesn't need any." I glanced up at Sophia who was glaring at Mason.

"I'll be back with the food." I started walking away when Hannah grabbed my arm. "What?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, all trace of embarrassment gone.

"Because you would've left sooner then Dad would've started class tomorrow with a slideshow of STD ridden penises, viginas, and mouths." I shrugged and walked away before they could react.

*****
"We can't stay up until four am watching movies when I have work the next day." I rubbed my forehead. It was the end of my shift, and the others had left a couple of hours ago.

"Well, you didn't have work today when we originally planned last night." Mason reminded me.

"Sorry, I didn't want to be home when Dad cornered Han into having The Talk." I pulled my receipts and tips out of the small pocket on my apron. "I just need to make sure these match then we can go."

"Okay." He nodded and pulled out his battered notebook from his bag.

"Will anyone ever have the privilege of reading Mason Banks's diary?" I nudged him a little.

"It's not a diary." He mumbled as he flipped to the page that was bookmarked.

"Then why won't you let me read it?" I asked him.

"Count your tips so we can go." Was all he said.

"Fine." I turned from him and quietly counted my tips.
I was almost done with I heard Mason mumbled under his breath. "For what?" I asked him as I finished counting.

"What?" I saw him looked at me out the corner of my eye.

"You said I need you." I folded the papers and bills before tucking them into my back pocket. "Need me for what?"

"Uh..." He blinked rapidly. I guess he wasn't expecting me to hear him or something. "I need a favor."

"What kind of favor?" I asked him as my phone buzzed.

"A personal favor." He leaned over my shoulder to read the text from my dad. "I thought you already took Sex Ed."

"I did technically but Han and Dad don't know that." I clicked my phone off and pointed at my best friend. "If you tell them I already met the requirements for Sex Ed, I'll kill you."

"I won't tell them." He drew an X over his heart.

"So what's this personal favor you need me for?" I untied my apron and shoved it into his bag.
"Sex." My eyes widen and snapped to his equally wide ones.

"Mase, we're not those kind of best friends." I said a little scared he didn't. After all the boy gets lost in parking lots."That's not what I meant!" He held his hands up. "I meant...""What could you have possibly have meant?" I asked him.

"I need help getting sex?" It was more of a question then a statement.

"What?" I could feel my heart shattering. Nothing's worse than hearing the person you've been in love with for the last three years ask you to help them get laid.

"I thought you could help because your dad is the Sex Ed teacher, and you would know all about safe sex." He shrugged and grabbed his notebook.

"I know about safe sex from the year long Health class I took freshman year." I reminded him as we started to leave my workplace. "Not because my dad told me about it."

"Hasn't your dad given-" I cut him off before he could finish his question.

"I'll help you if you help me complete my bucket list." I pushed the door open and was hit with a blast of hot air.

"So help you do Senior Skip Day, Prom, and Graduation?" He laughed.

"And a few other things." I winced a little.

"What do you have left?" He asked me as we walked down the road."I only things I've gotten done are starting high school and going to Junior Prom." I sighed.

 "This is gonna be a long and painful year." Mase wrapped an arm around me. "I'll help you."  

***AN***

We hope you guys enjoyed this wonderful chapter! 

Let us know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24