1

Hey Love,

I met you on a Wednesday.

I met on you on the only day of the week I dread. Being a medical student, the day usually meant clinical instructors would come to visit. It usually meant requirements would be checked and dreadfully it usually meant sanctions would be given.

You see I never really envisioned myself as a romantic. Never really believed in the aspect of love. I've never really warmed up to the thought of growing old with someone that seeing happy couples around made me want to look away.

I met you in the most inopportune time.

It specifically remember it to 10 in the morning. My most dreaded hour. 10 am usually meant our clinical instructor would arrive and you kind of know the rest.

But that Wednesday was different. Ms. Garcia – or Ms. G, our clinical instructor, as we like to call her – was carrying you around. You were the new intern everyone was talking about. The truth is I had no interest in looking at you that time because I was so engrossed in interviewing and getting my patients' stats to even look at you.

I didn't know back then that I would be regretting not looking at you at that very instant. Yet, as faith would have it, Ms G would assign me as the one who gets to orient you.

To say that first few minutes were awkward would be an understatement. For the life of me, I didn't know how to start a normal conversation with you. Being the one who oriented you meant I had to talk to you but I was a mess the whole time that you probably thought I was a weirdo.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name." were the first words you said to me. Stupid me for not introducing myself to you.

"Vic Galang" Introducing myself to you and lending my hand for a handshake.

"Dennise Michelle Lazaro. You can call me whatever you want" You shook my hand in the process and I just can't help but smile.

"Okay Doc Call Me Whatever You Want, shall we start?"

I didn't know why I actually pulled out a joke on your introduction but I guess it was answered in an instant. You actually laughed. You had one of the most angelic laughs I've ever heard. You actually laughed at one of the lamest joke I've ever made and I can't help but actually admire your humor.

The orientation went on for about an hour and it was one of the longest hours of my life. I can't help but glance on your side once in a while. You were so engrossed in everything that I said that I felt like I was a love struck puppy.

"So that ends it. Hope you actually understood my blabber Doc Lazaro." I said my goodbyes to you.

"Thank you Doc" was you short reply.

You were about to walk away and before I actually lose my cool I blurted out something utterly stupid of me that I can't help but berate myself in the process.

"Would you like to go for coffee? You know after the shift ends? Assuming you and I have the same shift?"

Smooth Vic. Real Smooth. Were my actual thoughts as I continue to berate myself for being such a blabber mouth.

I was so busy berating myself that I didn't realize you actually said yes to my invitation.

Before I could even say a word you left. I bet you were actually weirded out by my self-berating.

You see I've never been much of a talker but I managed to talk to you for an hour. I don't know really why Ms G made me your orienteer but I guess I just had to thank her for it.

After our encounter, my 12-hour shift was a blur. It made me excited for that coffee date with you. Before you protest, yes I am calling it a date.

I was so psyched in meeting you that I almost forgot that I didn't get your number.

So how in the hell am I going to contact you?

I had this horrible habit of losing my mind while I am berating myself so for the second time that day, I didn't see you arrive.

"Hey, you okay?"

With those words, I stopped my thoughts. You were so cute that time that I was mesmerized.

"Uhmmm. Hi" Like an idiot that was my only reply.

"Sorry for barging in on you like this but I realized that I forgot to give you my digits so I decided to come to you na lang. To avoid confusion. That is if your offer for coffee still stands?"

"Uhmm. I'm sorry. Yes. Ofcourse it still does. I'm sorry for being an idiot and forgetting to get your digits. Naabala ka pa tuloy." I replied with an apologetic tone.

"Ano ba, it's okay. Tutal libre mo naman?" You replied laughing.

I knew you were joking. Our second meeting and you were joking. I couldn't help but feel relief. Finally, a woman with a sense of humor.

"Ofcourse, ako naman nag yaya eh. So shall we?"

We went to the coffee shop after that. I was so engrossed in talking to you that I didn't mind that I came from a 12-hour shift. My body was so tired but my mind was in full alert and it's all because of you.

Did you know that, that was probably my longest conversation to a colleague?

It was actually funny how you made me laugh and made me like you even more. You had character and humor along with that pretty face of yours.

So I've got to be honest love, I knew then that I'm falling for you. Call it cliché all you want but that is the truth.

I've always believed that things never really happen; you actually have to make it happen. For you, to be walking on the hospital on a Wednesday with our clinical instructor made me question that belief.

So you see love, you've always told me that I was one of the friendliest people you've know but the thing is I was friendly because I met you.

I've always believed that if there was a major in awkward moments, I would ace the class and probably be called to teach it too. But you, you made question all of my beliefs. You made me think twice about not giving anyone a second look.

Hey love, I've got a confession.

You've always said that we met in the most unromantic way. But to tell you honestly, asking you out for that coffee date was the second bravest thing I did.

P.S. Smile for me?

                                                                                                                                                                                             VSG

_____________________________________________________

AN. Hi guys. lalaki po si Vic dito. Just really wanted to try writing AraDen. I lowkey ship them kasi. :)