It's A Kind Of Magic

•• May 7th, 1974 - 10:12 pm

Brian and I left the Marquee, and began the ten minute walk in the dark. I could feel that he was utterly uncomfortable walking around late at night, in the midst of the city's infamous gangs and homeless people scattered about the streets.
The conversation was a bit awkward after the time at the theatre. And as much as a fellow intellectual would know, we are not that great at small talk. But since that was essentially the last resort, I asked him of what he thought of New York, and naturally answered with 'not like the fairy tales.'
He spoke of his past, trying to earn his doctorate in Astrophysics, and abandoning that when Queen became successful. He mentioned his times in London, and his travels, and of how he decided to grow out his hair to how it was. I told him of my dreams, and about my aspirations to being in the soloist class and a member of the New York Sax Ensemble.
Although specific to different genres, both of us as musicians had a basis of respect for one another, and listened to every detail.
We reached the door of the dorm building, which he opened for me. The walk from the Marquee was quite eventful in conversation, but the walk up the stairs was awkwardly silent. As much as I wanted to interrupt it, I was scared of what he would think of me.
I reached my front door, where we paused.
I was thinking of something to say with my mouth slightly ajar, but before I could say a word, he interrupted me.
'Gwen. You shouldn't think so hard.' He said.
I looked up at him. He lightly tilted his cheek and winked. I smiled, while tucking my bob hair behind my ears. He looked towards the ground with a somewhat smug expression, at his hand as it slid around my waist, slowly pulling me against his body. 'Yes,' My mind screamed. Fully leaned over, he lightly cupped the back of my head as he pressed his lips against mine.
The kiss was long and passionate, yet had a remarkably respectful vibe. Nothing in any way gave discomfort, nor did it make me begin to question my judgement.
We both stopped, departing at the last moment. Then, there was a pause. Long, yet not everlasting. My mind swam with thoughts and feelings. This next time, but with a little bit of vigor, I pulled him into me once more.

My eyes burst open in revelation. I grabbed his hand, and opened the door; leading him inside.

•• It's A Kind Of Magic