The Birth of Indigo Vermentine

'The cement became a frightful temperature quicker than Indigo expected. Before he knew it, it was unbearable to touch and felt as if he was resting on the base of a hotplate. He jumped up to a stance and looked up to the sky again, ignoring Serine’s timid barks.

According to his knowledge, they only had a few minutes to return to the encampment underground, before the sun burnt them alive. Indigo adjusted his goggles to better fit his face and gathered the supplies.  The intensity of the sun erupted harder onto his skin, allowing him to feel the first few stages of sunburn. Indigo winced in pain, but took off running at full speed to the north. He knew in these few minutes, he could perish or continue to live, and he chose to live....'

The birth Indigo Virmentine- Devil's peak-

Indigo’s fist slammed into his face with such force, the power threw the man back a least a foot away from his starting position. It was if time had slowed in its leisure, and enabled Indigo to see his action in slow motion. As his foot connected to his abdomen-delivering the final blow, he saw every bead of sweat and blood run off his body onto the cement beneath him. The man’s eyes rolled back and turned an ugly white grayish color, and time revisited their atmospehre again.

His body quivered and buckled and became still. In a rush Indigo regained his balance, leveling himself on both feet, and watched the man drop to his demise and render unconscious. Indigo licked his lips and tasted blood on them. Instead of spitting it out immediately, he let the fluid advance to his tongue and stay there. He then proceed to move to the man and kneel beside him. As a cracking sound erupted from his knees caps in correlation, he felt a slight warmth from the mans body.

The man was virtually lifeless, besides the slight movement of his chest, and his rugged breathing. Indigo swished the blood inside his mouth to the tip of his lips, and spat it into the man’s face. In response the man moved slightly and twitched his head to the side facing a cracked, burnt out wall. Indigo looked the man over, he was a few inches taller than him and sported dirty blonde hair. Indigo peered closer to him and found the man had no form of ID as to which cluster of ruffians he belonged to, he did however have a holster that harbored a pitch black pistol. Indigo reached over the man, relived he had not moved for it during their brawl. For that would have made the encounter take a completely different turn. As the pistol arrived in his hands, Indigo clicked the barrel open, and noticed it was bare.

A illicit with a vacant pistol? Indigo questioned, frowning in the process. To his dismay, when he searched the man’s pouch, he found no evidence of any sort of ammunition.

“Fuck.” Indigo muttered. “That would have come in handy.” In a mere instant, he plopped from his sitting position and stood erect facing the sun as it began to tower higher over the earth.

“Daybreak is coming quick,” As the sun rose higher and higher, creating and illusion that it was birthing from the surface itself, Indigo let out a sharp whistle. From the side of the building a small brownish blur emerged. Barking vigorously, a dog moved to under Indigo’s feet. Its luscious deep brown eyes meant Indigo’s green ones, and sparked an electrify understanding between the two.

“Alright then, let’s hurry Serine!” He muttered to her.

Indigo dropped to his knees once again, and vigorously rummaged through the pockets of the mans incapacitated body. He found a few medicine and food capsules, a hunting knife, water, and a small pamphlet-he decided to post-pone to read until himself and his companion were safe.

The cement became a frightful temperature quicker than Indigo expected. Before he knew it, it was unbearable to touch and felt as if he was resting on the base of a hotplate. He jumped up to a stance and looked up to the sky again, ignoring Serine’s timid barks.

According to his knowledge, they only had a few minutes to return to the encampment underground, before the sun burnt them alive. Indigo adjusted his goggles to better fit his face and gathered the supplies. Shoving the contents into this bag, he motioned from Serine to come around to his front.

“Sorry girl. I know you don’t like this, but were running a little late so it’s necessary!”

In one quick motion he gathered her up in his arms and moved her into a comfortable position. The intensity of the sun erupted harder onto his skin, allowing him to feel the first few stages of sunburn.

Indigo winced in pain, but took off running at full speed to the north.

He knew in these few minutes, he could perish or continue to live, and he chose to live.