Chapter 1-The aquarium

I exited the school and headed to the aquarium. I walked to the pretty, blue building. As I entered, I headed to the staff area, picked up my uniform, and went to the changing room. I work at the aquarium. It's the only thing that can really make me happy, because I don't have any friends at school that I've been going to since I was in kindergarten. I walked among tanks of colorful fish. I always enjoy just sitting by the jellyfish and watch them float around. I don't really know why, it just really makes me feel happy.

I saw a little boy enter the room.

"Wow!' He said, in amazement of the bright and colorful fish.

"They’re amazing, aren’t they?" I said to him.

"Yeah!" He said and smiled at me. I smiled back at him. He seems so familiar. But I don't know from where.

I watched him run around exploring the halls of fish and other sea creatures.

I went to check if any tanks needed cleaning. I took a ladder and climbed up to the big tank with the jellyfish. I took a cloth and started to wipe the edge of the tank.

"Uh, have you seen my little brother running around anywhere?" Someone called up to me.

I turned around to see Jason, a kid from my school standing behind me.

"Oh, hey Katie." He said, noticing who I was.

"Hey." I said.

"So have you seen him?" He asked.

"I think I saw him over by the goldfish. They are right over there." I replied pointing over to the next room.

"Thanks", said Jason. I thought I recognized the little boy from somewhere.

" Hey, Jaso.." I started to say, but then realized he had left.

About an hour went by at the aquarium, when my shift was over and I went home. I went up to my room and did my homework. I sat down on my blue bed spread, in front of a big photo of Moon jellyfish.

Once I finished my homework I took out my blue journal from my bookshelf. I wrote today's entry.

Just a normal day at school again. Not much at work either. I was cleaning the Jellyfish tank when I saw Jason there. Everyday it's getting harder and harder to keep it from him. I want to tell him but I have no idea how. It feels so awkward at school when he sits next to me every single day in math. It's just too hard.