The Dragon Tamer - A Charlie Weasley Love Story

"Come on, Abagail, this way," Simon said loudly, tossing the words over his shoulder. I could barely hear him over the roar of the dragons.

I followed the tall, bulky guy down the rocky path. The path lead through the valley of two mountains. One side of the mountains was all lush and lively with greenery, and as we passed through them, I realized that that was not the case for the other side. Almost the entire mountain side was burnt, and blackened... dead. But with all of the dragon and their breath of fire it was to be expected in a dragon training facility such as this one. It was the largest one in the world. It held some of the most fiercest and hot-tempered dragons that ever existed.

Simon took me to the employee lounge to introduce me to the people I would be working with. They were all big and beefy and had scars and burns all over. They all seemed nice enough, but none of them were willing to train a newbie. Except for one. I hadn't noticed him before because he was sitting in a back corner. He came out to me and held out a large hand. I knew immediately who he was.

"Nice to meet you," he said. I took his hand, felt all the callouses and blisters under his fingers. He had red hair and was short and stocky, but I still had to look up to him. I wasn't very tall in the first place. He had a good-natured face, and while others might think it broad --- I thought it to be the most handsome face ever. It was so covered it freckles it looked like he was tanned. His long arms were muscluar and one of them had a large, shiney burn on it. "I'm Charlie Weasley."

"I'm Abagail Porter." I smiled.

"All right, party's over, get back to work!" Simon yelled at the workers, then turned and left as everybody scattered.

As they all started to the door, I felt someone pull me forward, and I slammed face-first against Charlie Weasley's chest. His arm came around my waist to hold me out of the way as the workers barreled past.

When they were gone, Charlie released me and said, "Lets's go see what you can do."