Accepting the Accepted; Prologue

Hello new and old readers!

If you are reading this, you have probably read my other story Rejecting the Rejected, this being the sequel and all. If you haven’t, this story isn’t completely based on it, but if you would like a pretty good background on it, then I highly suggest you read it.

I never in a million years ever thought about finishing a book, much less making a sequel! This story is about Kina, Kim’s sister. You guys weren’t expecting that, huh?

Dedicaed to ^^ for the amazingly fantabulous cover!:)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy, and feel free to ask me questions, suggestions to make this story any better, or if you just want to talk about random things, I'm your girl!:D

Prologue

I was evil.

Every part of my being since the day I could speak, I was taught how despise others, especially humans. I couldn’t stand their pathetic and arrogant ways, they made me sick. Werewolves were the dominant figure in my eyes, and we ruled over all.

It was drilled into my head that I was better than everyone else. I was a Shadow for crying out loud, people should bow at the thought of me.

Mercy was not an option. Being ruthless was part of the Shadow legacy, and I’ll be damned if I was the first wimp in my family.

Never show any emotion in front of anyone. Emotion was for the weak and pathetic, humans for example. They were all just a never ending pit of emotions, it was terrible. I grimaced at the thought of so many emotions.

Even though I was raised to act like a snob, show no mercy, and never let anyone know my emotions, somewhere deep inside me, I felt tired.

Tired of putting up an act every day. Tired of pretending to be someone I was not. Tired of practically being a slave to my mother.

Because in all honesty, I wasn’t mean. I wasn’t evil. Heck, I winced internally every time I heard someone curse.

Deep down I was as normal as, I cringe as I say it, a human. I had feelings, which I had learned to mask. I had mercy for the hundreds I have killed from the tender age of ten. And I most certainly never thought I was better than anyone else.

In fact, I looked down upon my family. All of the innocent lives we have taken, the families we have destroyed, all for what?

Power.

I angrily stuffed the clothes into my bag. I was getting away from this damned place, and there was no way in hell I was ever coming back.

I zipped up the duffel bag and threw it over my shoulder. I looked around my luxurious room snarling. There was a time when I would have saw this room as mine, but as the years passed, all I could ever see was a jail.

I was confined in this space almost half of my life, only ever coming down for meals or missions. The elegant room was only a reminder of my tortured childhood and all my painful memories.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the room, the feeling almost foreign to me. The longest I was ever away from my room was when my mother forced me to get information on my sister.

The mention of my sister brought a smile to my face. She was my twin, but unfortunately I was forced to act sinister with her. She probably hated my guts, but I needed to see her again. The connection I felt was something I had never felt before, not even with my mother.

I walked throughout the empty castle hallways glancing at all the destruction. After my mother disappeared, everyone who worked for her went ballistic and tried to burn down the castle. I was able to convince them otherwise, but of course the few rebellious ones trashed the entire castle. For the last few months, it has only been myself residing there, but this was not my home anymore.

Kim was.

I climed into my mother's old car and shoved my duffel bag in the backseat. I buckled up, and started the long journey ahead of me.

Never once looking back.