Chapter 1

Seven years later. My mom committed suicide leaving me ophaned. My dad? He was never around during anytime in my life. Now I am with a new family.

"Luckily we got him just in time." Susan, my new foster mother, said. You could tell the difference between us.

"You mean how school starts next week?" James, Susan's husband and my new foster father, helped set up my new room.

"No, how we rescued him from that orphanage. All those weird disappearings and," she got closer to him and lowered her voice, but I still heard her, "deaths." She cleared her throat and smiled at me awkwardly.

"Yeah, that's good." He agreed.

"Jake, you can go play with Mitch," she stocked my closet with clothes they let me pick out, like a shopping spree. "We have a trampoline in the back. He's probably jumping on it, you don't have to just sit on the bed, go say hi to him." Apparently I seemed disturbed.

I nodded and headed to the back to find their son doing flips and other tricks on the big trampoline. As I shut the door behind me, he stopped and stared hard at me with the most hateful eyes, which were steel blue like his father's. He had dark blonde hair that was cut short and styled with gel. He was wearing red shirt over black and white basketball shorts.

I walked to the entrance of the trampoline as a foot swung out and knocked me to the floor.

"Oh, my bad." He said smiling. Blood quickly gushed out of my nose and onto the ground.

The pain stung through my face as I was totally taken by anger and hurt feelings. He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, squatted, and put his other hand on my thigh.

"You OK, Jake?" He smiled rubbing his hand on my thigh against my shorts. Then a little soldier walked onto my hand, but it actually made me feel more comfortable. He scurried off of me and onto Mitch. I stared at him through my blurred, tear filled eyes. Then I suddenly felt a whole army scurry over my hand and I noticed that my fist was so tightly wadded up that my viens rippled.

He stood up and started slapping himself and jumped up and down, wiping at his exposed skin and scratching at his clothes. As soon as he realized that they wouldn't stop coming, he began to yell and stumbled back onto the trampoline, but the little soldiers that were on him still attacked as those memories of the girl, seven years ago, wondered into my head.

Will that happen to Mitch too? They'll give me back to that orphanage again.

With blood still running down my lips and dripping off my chin, I jumped to my feet and let my aching fist loose. The little soldiers suddenly stopped and quickly marched off to avoid further harm from him. I rushed to him as he pulled himself out of the trampoline. Luckily he only had minor bites. He jumped off and darted passed me inside.

I watched the little soldiers quickly pour into the hole they had emerged from. I didn't know what else to do so I got onto the trampoline and began to jump.

"There's no ants out here, Mitch." Susan and James rushed outside with Mitch, who still rubbed and scratched at his bites. I jumped and pretended nothing had happened.

"Jake you're bleeding, what happened?" Susan stepped off the porch and made her way to the trampoline. I stopped and got off. She grabbed my hand and led me back inside, Mitch and James followed behind us.

I was trying to get onto the trampoline," I looked at Mitch, who glared back at me. "and I slipped." He smirked.

"Well you gotta be careful playing outside." She wiped my face with a wet rag. "We finished your room. If you want to, you can watch T.V. now." She finished and I walked away. I jumped onto my bed and turned on the T.V. with the remote control. Mitch appeared in my doorway.

"You saw it didn't you?" He asked.

"No, see what?" I avoided his eyes. He came over and sat on my bed.

"Scoot over!" He pushed me over and grabbed the remote from out of my hand. I got up and made my way around the bed. Mitch caught my leg in mid-walk and I crashed into the floor. Pain shot through my body. I turned on my back as Mitch climbed over me smiling. "You really are handsome." He touched my face and raked his fingers through my hair. Anger burned my face and before I knew it he was on the floor clutching his face. My fist ached as I made it to my feet.

"What's going on in here." James rushed out from the hall into my room.

"Jake punched me." Mitch said, still on the floor. James looked at me and I avoided his eyes. Mitch got to his feet and walked past his dad.

"We were playing." I lied.

Later that night I could hear James and Susan talking in their room.

"He punched Mitch?" Susan asked.

"Yup, I don't think we are ready for this." James said. My heart pounded with fear.

"You think we should take him back?" I caught my breath with Susan's question.

"Well, no. I'll talk to him tomorrow." James said, and with that the light in their room went off. The sudden darkness blinded me. I pulled off my covers and tried to make out the objects in my room. Then I heard light footsteps enter into my room. I strained to see who it was. I made out a silloette of a boy. Mitch. He stumbled through the dark towards my bed. It rumbled as he climbed on. He pulled the covers over him and grabbed my arm.

"You better watch your attitude, Jake." He climbed over me and grabbed my other arm, pinning me. He started to kiss my neck and my anger, again, began to build inside of me. I balled my fists, ready to strike, and then I heard Susan's voice from just a while ago.

"You think we should take him back?" I felt like an item they had bought at Walmart. I didn't want to go back to that orphanage.

"I hope you like this as much as I am." Mitch reached inside my pants and I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He pulled his hand out and slapped me. Tears took to my eyes. Again he reached into my pants and I didn't stop him. I began to cry as he undressed me...

°°°NOTE!°°° IGNORE WHAT IS UNDER THIS. JUST A MISHAP. SORRY.

"I was trying to get onto the trampoline." I looked at Mitch, who glared back at me.