[ Final Session ]

[ Final Session ]

The Achilles was surrounded by floating debris from its penetrated hull. A boarding cylinder had been drilled through its starboard side. The cylinder itself was titanium, tipped with double carved star diamonds designed to simultaneously penetrate through any ship shields and ship materials. The boarding cylinder connected to a four–seat desender that hovered next to the Achilles.

From the four men that had intruded into Achilles' lounge room, two were on the floor. A lifeless hand from one of the men was palm down on the tiles, a gun inches away from its grasp. The entire ring finger was blacked out with tattoo ink, and the other dead man's left hand also sported the same mark.

Playing cards littered the puddle of their now sticky–brown blood that had met under the coffee table. The only face–up cards were the Ace of Spades and the Queen of Hearts. A bullet hole nicked the corner of the ink woman's hand.

A third man was in the hallway. He was slumped against the wall, a trail of thick red following him down. On his exposed shoulder was the outline of a left hand with the ring finger blacked out. His blood painted the rest red. The crimson had spread under him and swept and splattered on the floor like the work if a giant paint brush.

Three pairs of footprints emerged from the bloody mess. Two were bare—one dainty and thin, the other heavy and big—while the other pair were the soles of men's shoes. The three ran to the end of the passage where the walls were decorated with bullet holes.  

At the hanger was where the shoe footprints stopped next to another man's body. He was on his stomach, an arm stretched out on the ground as if reaching to stop someone or something. The two pairs of bare footprints that lead away from him were darker. They disappeared next to the part of the steel floor that was smoother than the rest, marked by twin lines of sheen where desender wheels had rolled in and parked countless of times before. Only there was no desender there now.

The hanger was empty.  

                                                              End

************************

Author's Note: Thanks so much to you all that read this story. It meant a lot to me, and I never thought so many people would enjoy it! Thanks so much!

I like to think that Caine and Ena are still having adventures somewhere while also running away from all of Alonso's attempts to kill them both. I also like to think they are having too much fun while doing all of that... 

Again...thanks so much for reading! <3