Part 6

In the morning, Oliver rolled out of bed after a restless night of sleep. Nightmares had plagued him. All about Felicity and the island. The sun was just barely peeking through his windows after he returned from his shower. 

He zipped his suitcases closed and went into the main room of the suite. Felicity and Diggle loading her computers when he came out. "Everyone ready?" he asked.

Diggle looked up. "Yeah, just about." Felicity kept looking down as she dragged her things to the door. 

Just outside the hotel, their driver was loading their luggage into the car. The ride was silent on the way to the airport. Diggle had sat in the middle, with Oliver and Felicity on opposite sides. Oliver looked straight ahead, Felicity looked out the window. 

When they got to the Queen Consalidated private jet, everybody piled in sluggishly. Felicity was the last to board the jet. She gave one last look as Moscow before the door clsoed. 

Diggle gave Oliver a look after Felicity had taken a seat seperate from them. When Oliver ignored him, Diggle let it go but felt the tension in the air. 

Arriving back in Starling City, Diggle got to drive again and he took Felicity home first. When she left, he asked Oliver, "What's going on with you two?" 

"Nothing," Oliver replied curtly. 

"Really? Because I could hardly breathe with all that tension on the plane."

"Must have been the air pressure," Oliver muttered. 

Digg sighed. "Alright, I get it. You don't want to talk about whatever happened. Just don't let it affect how we work together.  

Oliver gave no reply.

When he got home, Thea ran to him and threw her arms around him. "Ollie!" 

He let out a surprised breath. "Hey Speedy." Pulling away, he said, "I was only gone for three days."

Thea sighed. "I know, it's just been rough around here. Mom is acting wierd and Roy is avoiding me."

He frowned, but tried not to let his worry show. "How is Roy?"

"We got into a fight a few days ago, he got really angry, then left. I've hardly seen him sicne." Her expression looked sad and tired, too old for a young face.

Oliver put a hand on Thea's arm. "Hey, it's going to be okay. Stop worrying about everyone, all right?" She gave him a smile. "You've got a night club to run," he teased and they both laughed.

That night, Oliver went to the club and into the foundry below. Felicity was there typing away on her computer and Digg was training. They were always there, it seemed, spending their lives helping Oliver Queen, the vigilante. 

"Anything happening tongiht?" he asked Felicity. 

She didn't look up when she said, "No, but I've been analyzing Roy's blood to try and find a way to reverse what the Mirakuru did. But I'm no scientist."

Oliver took a deep breath then walked up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Felicity, go home. We've been away for three days. Just go home for tonight and get some rest. Relax." He turned to Digg who was throwing punches at the wooden dummy. "You too Digg. We've all been working too hard."

Diggle walked towards them and nodded. "All right, but you never told us what happened during the auction." 

"Nothing happened. I tried to talk to Sukov and his colleague, but Sukov got shot when I pulled out my bow. His colleague escaped. End of story." Oliver's tone was filled with dissappointment. 

"Okay, then we keep looking," Digg said.

"Tomorrow," Oliver agreed. 

Diggle went upstairs a few minutes later. But Felicity was still typing away at her computer. Oliver went over there cautiously. 

"Felicity, go home," he insisted.

Felicity turned in her chair and nodded slowly. Then she got up and grabbed her coat. She threw it on and her ponytail swung around her neck. "Goodnight, Oliver," she mumbled then climbed the stairs. 

Oliver shut off the lights, planning on returning home as well, but then he sank to the ground. He leaned back against a pillar and rubbed his eyes. He was tired. Being a vigilante at night and a CEO during the day took its toll. 

Then he heard footsteps on the stairs and the lights turned back on. It was Felicity. 

"Oh, I thought you left. You know, all the lights turned off," she waved her hands and motioned to the lights. "Anyway, I forgot my phone."

She grabbed it from her desk. Oliver stood up. "Felicity," he said quickly before she ran back upstiars. 

Meeting his eyes for the first time all day, she responded with, "Yeah?"

"I. . . I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have left like that." It was difficult for him to control his voice. 

Felicity set her phone and coat down. She was wearing her usual clothes: Skirt with a blue blouse and her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She took a small step forward. "Oliver, it's fine. I understand."

He shook his head. "No, you don't. And I shouldn't have treated you like that." 

After a moment of silence, Felicity spoke again. "I know why you left. I heard you say my name when you were having nightmares." Her eyebrows were drawn up in worry and her hands were rung together.

Oliver's heart skipped a beat. But he didn't say another word. He didn't know what to say. 

So Felicity continued. "So I understand why you left me last night. I'm sorry I acted the way I did today. Everybody usually leaves me, but it just hurt more when you did."

Oliver pressed his lips in a tight line and looked behind Felicity. Guilt flooded him. He still didn't know what to say. 

She nodded slightly and picked up her things. "I'll see you tomorrow I guess. Goodbye, Oliver." 

She began to walk away. Oliver looked at her as she did. In that moment, he realized what Felicity felt for him. And what he felt for her. What he had always felt for her. He was just realizing it now. 

"Felicity," he almost shouted. 

She turned back around as he walked towards her. The look on her face was filled with confusion. Oliver came up to her and put his hands on her face. He gazed into her eyes then leaned down and softly kissed her. 

At first, Felicity was surprised. Then, as if realizing what was happening, she wrapped her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. Oliver pulled back for breath then immediately returned to her lips. His hands became more entwined in her hair.

Minutes later, Oliver gathered enough strength to pull away. He brushed his finger across her cheek as she looked up at him. 

"That's why I left," he whispered. "I was scared." 

Felicity whispered back, "Please don't leave me again." 

He smiled slightly. "Trust me, I won't."