ASSAULT

The bridge of the capital factory ship had sixteen separate images on its viewports sent from Steven's drones.

Michael took one that he thought was the best angle, and magnified it in the center of the viewport.

The group watched breathlessly as the Armada from ULIX approached the small government procession. It was indeed half an Armada, with one battleship, three frigates, one cruiser, ten assault craft, and at least three dozen Starfighters.

Mike took a deep shaky breath. "Let's begin."

"Wait!" Stephanie interrupted. "Let's pray first."

"Yes, let's." Catherine added.

"Okay." Michael bowed his head and the others followed suit.

"Heavenly Father, we come before you now in the power and authority that you have given us through your son Jesus Christ. We are attempting to stand in the way of a great injustice, and we just ask that you would guide us and lead us and empower us to do what needs to be done. In Jesus's name, amen."

Michael straightened up, looked at the others, and nodded. They nodded back, and he reached out to flip a switch.

One of the sixteen drones unfolded and began to project a cruiser-sized image.

***

Tarax Marlune quietly seethed inside. He knew the show of power was an immeasurable part of the business, and a part he usually reveled in this, however... this was politics, and he wanted nothing to do with it. If he had it his way, he and his battle ship would just pop up one night and obliterate the entire offending police force, which would send a much clearer and far better message in his opinion. Cox on the other hand, had insisted that it be done this way, going even as far as to call him small-minded straight to his face. Him. Tara. Small-minded. He clenched his fist. Cox was getting to big for his own pants hobnobbing with the...

"Sir, there is something in our way." His second in command said, pulling him out of his thoughts.

He glanced up. A massive Hologram of a man in a uniform appeared on screen. To his surprise the man looked like a commander straight out of the history books. "What the..."

"It's sending out a message on all available channels."

He waved his hand at her, and she brought it up on the ships speakers.

Detecting they were listening, the hologram turned towards the battle ship and started to speak.

"I am David Kel of the Lionhearted. We have reviewed the case of John feck, and found him not guilty on the basis that his actions were in self-defense, and had not broken any of the three Great Laws. As such, no course of action may be taken against him or his compatriots. If there are those who still seek to do him harm, they will face the wrath of the Lionhearted. This is your only warning."

Tarax's mouth dropped open. "What is this kindergarten?" he scoffed.

His second in command brought the Armada to a halt and looked up at him. "Your response, sir?"

"Give me coms." He barked.

***

The five of them waited with baited breath, as the Armada slowly came to a halt.

"Well, they definitely got the message." Daniel said. "What do you think they will do about it?"

Michael began to shrug, but was cut off as an angry voice crackled over the open channels.