5:48 by AnchoredShips

Reads: 963,797

Status: Complete.

Life is a bitter cup of pure black coffee, with stormy waves crashing against the surface as it tries to pull you under. That dark sea can devour and break you, sinking your ship into the lonely depth like those insoluble bits of roasted beans at the bottom of a coffee cup. Sometimes, you need strangers (your sugar) and a place to call home (your milk) to stay anchored in the cup's treacherous waters; and that's what café 5:48 is here for. This is where life moves on and life stops; where love falls and love breaks; where beginnings end and ends begin; where little things become big things and big things become little things. 5:48 café is now brewing, and all that's left is for you to drop the anchor. Welcome Home, sailor.

Review: I don't even know where to begin with this story. I loved it, absolutely loved it! It was a roller coaster ride of emotions right from the very start, if you'll excuse my use of a cliche phrase. It was original, well written and the characters were well developed.

The writing matched the flow of the story perfectly and you could really get a feel for the whole aura of the story. One which was quite sad in my opinion, but not without its happy moments.

The author touches upon a lot of sensitive issues in this book, and she does them with the right amount of tact and knowledge, something that is needed when dealing with situations such as eating disorders, bereavement and depression.

Not only that, but the girl who wrote this is a genuinely lovely person, who'd be a pleasure to talk to. Honestly, you should check it out!