The Reason For The Jock Hate

Latching my hand to his I walk up the wall as he pulls me inside. "How much do you weigh?" He complains, waving his hand about.

"Like ninety five pounds." I reply, crossing my arm.

"Then remind me to take you for a burger after this." He says.

I role my eyes, walking past him and heading downstairs. Turning into the kitchen I see a stencilled mark of where her body was. I hold in my gasp, pulling my hand up to my face and staring down below. "We can go if you want." Jordan says.

"You assume I'd be upset because I'm a girl?" I question, walking past it and looking around where lots of things are in bags. I take pictures of all the evidence on my phone.

"Hayley this is getting illegal now."

"We can go if you want." I repeat to him.

"Very funny."

"We're stood where a girl killed herself, nothing is funny." I reply.

"Then stop making jokes."

"I can't help it. When I'm nervous I just do it." I reply, not realising what I'm saying.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"Maybe it's the crime scene we are stood in." I scoff. "Don't flatter yourself."

"Whatever you say."

"I just want to look around her room before we go." I say before heading black upstairs.

Examining her room I look one place I know that no one else has, the most private area for a girl. I open her draw and open up a crossed over bra which reveals a letter.

Suddenly, I hear the front door open. Jordan grabs my waist and pulls me backwards into a closet and we wait silently, our bodies close together.

We wait for about twenty minutes, hearing the muffled voices of cops downstairs. "Can't we sneak out?" I whisper.

"One floorboard makes a move and we're done for." He replies. "We're best waiting."

"Well I'm bored."

"We could entertain ourselves."

"Creep." I state.

"I mean you telling me why you randomly broke us off and have so much hatred towards jocks."

"I'm not talking about it." I snap.

"If you don't tell me I'm going downstairs and handing myself in."

"You won't do that."

"Well you don't care about me so you won't mind if I do, right?"

"Right." I reply, crossing my arms.

"So I'll go then." Jordan says, opening the doors.

"Wait!" I exclaim, louder than I expected.

We hear the cops mutter before footsteps. "Hurry." Jordan says, helping me out the window.

Running down the street we duck behind a bush and hide out for a little while. "That was close." He sighs.

"Damn straight."

"So you do care?" He smirks.

"You know I do." I sigh.

"Good."

Sitting on the ground, I make myself more comfortable. "In my old school I dated a jock, I was the same as I am now accept without the jock hate. I'd been with him for a month or two, we got into a huge argument and he send out pictures of me that I didn't even know he had, I wasn't embarrassed of ashamed of them, in fact in protest to show this I posted one of them on my Instagram, of course I was forced to take it down because it was explicit but I felt embarrassed that I'd fallen for a jock, embarrassed that I was just one of those normal girls that fell for the jock charm. I will never do that again." I explain. "After that the whole team would follow me around, grabbing my ass and asking me for pictures."